or Connect

Posts by mrip541

No UE this time around?
OK, serious observation here - I've heard maybe 4 different LCD-2s over the last couple years. At no point did I think the treble was rough or bright, but I don't believe any of the ones I heard had the fazor. The 2fs I just purchased, with a manufacture date of late December 2014, can seem to have kind of a sharp/hard treble response that can be kind of physically uncomfortable. I'll be grooving along and sometimes when a treble instrument or effect drops into the mix I...
I hooked these into my RSA HR-2 and pretty much immediately identified a MAJOR design flaw. I can't jump around or head bang without them flying off my head. I can't listen to them without wanting to jump around. Please advise.
I just purchased a new pair from B&H. I sat down in the waiting area to open the box and verify all was well. Plugged them straight into my phone to check function... Not impressed with sound. Returned immediately.         jk you can pry these from my cold dead fingers.
I went to B&H today and took a quick look at their new high end headphone demo area. It’s in a glass-enclosed space (shared with studio monitors) set off from the general pro audio area. The display has a beefy-looking Tascam CD player with a front USB input. It’s hooked up to an Antelope Zodiac headphone amp. I couldn’t get the front USB to recognize my S5 through the USB cable I had with me, so I listened to the CD that was in the player. There were no other CDs and no...
Tomorrow I'm going to check these out at b&h in nyc. Is there a way to identify the Rev on the retail box?
Do you guys think there are any legitimate reasons to buy a new LCD-2 over a new EL-8 open back?
When I was a kid I loved chasing down and catching garden snakes. I thought snakes were super cool. Still do. One time there was a big one that didn't try to run away. I picked it up and another snake it had just eaten came out of its mouth! Awesome!
Razordog has $50 off $249 and $100 off $399. Select items. Doesn't seem to work for HiFiMan or Audeze products but it did work for Fostex 600s.
This is way overdue but, back at the last NY Audio Show I tried these. I knew nothing about them and had no idea how expensive they were. I walked up to a table with these phones and a tv playing some performance. I admit my first thought was, "Oh cute. Oppo thinks they know how to make a headphone. lol." I figured the phones were just there as blu ray player accessories. I put them on my head and pretty much instantly had a mouth open "WOW these are really good" moment. I...