Posts by mrip541

I'll be there!
My favorite bands (at the moment) in no particular order: Dream Theater, Symphony X, Mastodon, Animals as Leaders, Katatonia, Opeth, Transatlantic, Pink Floyd.   Any suggestions for similar, perhaps somewhat obscure, bands I might want to check out? Bonus points if the lead guitarist is nasty.   Please don't suggest Avenged Sevenfold.   Thanks!
  I listened to both at the event. I actually listened to every model and Mike Dias spent a generous amount of time talking with me about the different models. It's been a while so I'm not going to try and drop a bunch reviewer speak, but to me the UERMs sounded neutral and detailed, as you might expect. Switching to the new custom monitors my first thought was that the music sounded ALIVE. It was really incredible. I'd say at the very least it's worth going out of your...
  I think J&R's return policy excludes iems but when I went in and talked to a sales guy he said I could buy a few and return the ones I didn't want. Might be worth asking them what the deal really is. I ended up only buying one and didn't try to return it.
Thanks for the reply. I'm running Foobar into an Audinst MX-1 via USB, not the stereo jack. As far as I can tell, Foobar is actually sending out a digital signal.  
I recently read that you should max the volume in Windows (If your dac doesn't bypass it altogether) in order to get the full bitstream to your dac. I've been using my dac with the Windows volume at whatever level it happened to be at which is usually around 50%. So I gave it a shot with the volume all the way up and turned my amp volume down to compensate. I don't know if it's just in my head and I'm going crazy, but it does seem as though the sound has seriously...
Sending you a PM.  
Ah. I missed it by 10min. Thanks
Thanks for the great event! It really enjoyed getting to put faces to avatars. I definitely added to the list of things I MUST have but also got to cross some things off. I don't know who had the HE-6 and Coda amp setup but just wanted to say that it was really outstanding. Somehow I completely missed the auction which has me a bit bummed, but oh well. Was it run later in the day (I left a bit early) or did I just overlook it?   See you guys next time!  
I might bring a couple budget items if anyone would be interested in hearing them. Grado sr-60i, ATH-M50, Audinst mx1.