Posts by mrip541

I let them play sitting on my desk for the last 2 hours and you know what, they do already seem to sound a bit different. I'm going to let them play overnight, reprogram my ears with the SE535, and have another go. I'd really prefer to not believe in break in... I've bought a few other new IEMs and never noticed the sound change. Who knows. 
Hey thanks. I admit to generally being in the burn in your ears rather than the driver camp but I'll give it a go!
I just received W40s. My very first impression (10min of listening) is that the mid and treble detail is fantastic but the bass range around kick drums and bass guitars sounds artificial and muddy/loose. Is anyone else hearing this? I'm comparing to SE535 and UE 18 Pro. Just want to make sure I didn't get a bad pair.
Yep, free 132 actually included. Free overnight shipping as well.  Guess I'll just keep talking to myself, lol.
EDIT - No longer for sale. Sorry!   For sale is my Ray Samuels Audio HR-2 (amp plus power supply). It works and looks great but has a few small scratches and dings. Would give it a 7/10 on Audiogon. Recommend for use with relatively efficient cans as noise floor rises when you crank the volume. Planning to put up pictures tomorrow. Asking $325 shipped and insured to conus.
Thanks for the tip! At this point I feel like I'm giving it away so am a bit surprised I keep having to lower the price.
I just want to mention that I have wandered around stereo exchange a number of times without ever being pressured or asked to leave. I do not fit the profile of a typical audiophile. I've felt out of place in other nyc audio establishments but not here. It's refreshing.
I've been playing around and it looks to be a free addon for any purchase over $275 or so but I'm not totally sure. Seems like a a pretty sweet deal.   edit - I made a purchase with the free 132 in my cart and I guess we'll see whether the deal is real or not. I just tried adding the same item to my cart and it doesn't offer me the free iems any more so who knows.
I'm not sure where this thread belongs but... I was just playing around on earphonesolutions and added a Westone W40 ($499) to my shopping cart and the Phonak PFE 132 appeared as well for $0. They are currently selling the 132 for $215. I can't find any info on the site about any sort of promotion like this. Anyone else seeing this? Is it a glitch?
I have SE535s and really like them. I really want to give Shure the benefit of the doubt and buy the 846, but the response graphs show an enormous bass boost, and the filters don't really drop the bass but boost the top side of the treble, creating a scooped rather than flat response. The white filter still leaves a 10db bass boost (twice as loud as it should be?). I was SO excited about these before they were released but am so bummed out now.