or Connect

Posts by mrip541

Does the 650 require an ear cup seal for proper balance? I'm looking for a headphone to wear with glasses. My current main is the PM-3 which needs a perfect seal or you lose the bass and even some mids. 
 Fair enough. I saw these were on Massdrop and have been looking for reason to buy sight unseen(heard)...
 The general feeling I get from reading reviews and threads on this site and others. Similar response to the EL-8 closed back. Conclusion seems to be it doesn't compete with similarly priced offerings.
While some people really like the Z7, the general internet response has been pretty negative. I'm just a bit confused because this is Sony. They have super expensive well reviewed loudspeakers. They have a comparatively huge r&d and design budget. They have smart engineers. They could make their flagship sound however they want. The people who designed this have access to the best gear in the world. They have access to the most advanced science. They have access to the...
Never gets old....    
 Thanks!! Dropping the upper mids a db or 2 definitely seems to be the key for me when used out of my Asgard 2. However, I'm not sure it's for me when used straight out of my s5. For metal I tend to lean towards progressive of various flavors. Some of it, like Meshuggah or Devin Townsend, may also just sound bad no matter what you do.
 I got the PM-3 a couple days ago and while they do sound great with a lot of music, they just aren't doing it for me with metal. I think it definitely needs a bit of bass eq and the treble in distorted guitars sounds rough. I think I prefer my M50s for metal, which is pretty disappointing. 
Tonight  I brought the PM-3 home. My office setup is foobar--Musical Fidelity v90 dac--Schiit Lyr 2. My home setup is foobar--Schiit Wyrd--Schiit Modi 2 Uber--Schiit Asgard 2. My comments on the previous page were with my office system. The bass on my home system is notably stronger and the sound is overall more full through the mids, and imo better. It sounds more like I hoped it would. With the home system the pm-3 sounds much more like the response curve shows. It...
Anyone know what Oppo means by "refurbished"? Just returned, or was there something actually wrong with the units? Some of their refurbished items have a nice discount.
Something about eating animals that have long lifespans really weirds me out. Even lobster.