Posts by mrip541

I'm looking for IEMs or earbuds that let in a decent amount of outside sound for under $100ish.  All of my current IEMs block out pretty much everything. I prefer clear, warm sound with tight bass that isn't overdone.  Any ideas?  I've been somewhat out of the game for a bit... Thanks!   EDIT - just realized I put this in the wrong forum. Sorry!
I just received a replacement for the second jacket, which is a light puffy down jacket. It's the correct model and size, but last year's model, which is way, way more shiny than this year's. It's also kind of brown isntead of straight gray. It kind of looks like I'm wearing a plastic bag. Amazon is KILLING me.
 That's actually pretty mind blowing. I've been trying to defend this place but at this point I just don't know...
I generally feel that more "stuff" in the box for the same price means lower quality. Am concerned.
I've had some bad luck recently buying items through amazon. I received the wrong jacket with the wrong tags, received another jacket in the wrong size, received a broken item and the replacement was broken and then the second replacement was also broken. During that time span I received 1 order that wasn't messed up. Do I need to worry about Amazon straight up closing my account for excessive returns/exchanges even if they were 100% legit? The internet says it's possible....
Anyone here into outdoor gear? I'm looking for a waterproof and windproof rain jacket that can be worn in warm or cold weather, with a backpack if needed. When I say waterproof I mean can withstand hours in the driving rain. I currently have a noname cheapo jacket that not only isn't actually waterproof but it doesn't breathe either, so I get soaked and wildly overheated at the same time. It's the worst.   I'm currently looking at (i) the Columbia Outdry Extreme shell...
Op, you are 1 year older than me and I feel old. My joints hurt, it's so much easier to gain weight, losing my hair, feel like I'm starting to forget things. It's terrible. After much contemplation I'd say getting old started when I turned 24, which is when my hairline began its retreat.
Little taste of luxury? First thing that comes to mind is Ortiz Bonito del Norte Spanish tuna. It's around $7 a tin online and usually $9ish locally, so around 5-600% the cost of a normal can of tuna. Water cracker-->homemade mayo-->Ortiz tuna-->few capers-->little twist of fresh pepper. Soooooooo goooooodddd. Eating that makes me feel absurd but sometimes you just gotta have it.
Three years ago the relatively small company I work for was purchased by a large public company. The public company promised again and again that we would remain largely independent and we could retain our office culture, etc. Fast forward 3 years and every last thing that made this place a unique, engaging, fun, independent place to work has been axed, except for 1. We are the only part of the business allowed to have alcohol at in-office events. This was an intensely...
Sent you a pm.