Posts by mrip541

I heard the 700 at the NY audio show today in the Woo Audio room through a WA6-SE. I admit I was impressed, preferred it to the 800 (listened to it right after) and wondered why I hadn't read much about it. I almost ordered a pair on my phone on my way home. The generally negative reviews are somewhat surprising. Maybe the amp is crazy good, maybe I didn't listen long enough, maybe the 700 is actually pretty good, or maybe my ears are broken. Hope it's not the latter. 
 Noooooooooo I missed it! Sent an email asking if I could still get in on the deal. We shall see.
I work in NYC within walking distance to Hide-Chan and Menchanko Tei. I know tonkotsu ramen for lunch is a terrible idea but how can I possibly resist? It's over 90 today but the ramen still calls me.
My current go to iem is my UE 18 pro, but after putting them through the wash in my pants pocket (worst day ever) and having the "repaired" units not sound anything like the original, I'm looking for a universal replacement.  I've had the W40s for a week now. Vocal - centric music and pieces without too many layers can sound hauntingly realistic and intimate, but more complex and layered music can sound a bit congested and the bass a bit muddy. Does the W60 tackle these...
Great, thanks!
Anybody know if it's possible to audition these in the nyc area?
I agree that for a lot of music these sound really really good.
Thanks for the review! I too recently purchased new W40s. I also noticed what sounds like, in my opinion, rather thick mid-bass that isn't quite as precise as you'd like it to be. I left them to play a full 12 hours overnight and the bass did seem to tighten up a good bit, but what I feel is left is an intended mid-bass emphasis that lacks a bit of control, and it can make complex/layered music sound muddy. I don't know if damping is a thing with ba drivers but it sounds...
I let them play sitting on my desk for the last 2 hours and you know what, they do already seem to sound a bit different. I'm going to let them play overnight, reprogram my ears with the SE535, and have another go. I'd really prefer to not believe in break in... I've bought a few other new IEMs and never noticed the sound change. Who knows. 
Hey thanks. I admit to generally being in the burn in your ears rather than the driver camp but I'll give it a go!