Posts by thrillhaus

I know you can find mesh at Home Depot, but the home improvement type mesh that kjoh found is different from the industrial design type mesh I have in mind.     A good idea is a good idea ;)
Does anyone know where to acquire the black honeycomb type mesh like the HD650 use? I think they're aesthetically more pleasing than square mesh. I finally found a pair of D7000 cups, so when they arrive, I may turn my D2000 into a convertible.
Sennheiser HD555s are available quite cheap on Amazon. You can do the foam mod to convert them to HD595s. There are threads about which headphones to buy already. Look into them.
You can't "burn in" a cable. Upgrading a cable is never going to do anything to attenuate excessive treble. From my experience as a guitarist, treble information is the first to go when using an overly long cable, or extremely cheap one. So if anything, it was to be expected that your treble would be enhanced from a cable upgrade. I guess I should have pressed the issue harder when I first mentioned this.   Also, I see that some people when "upgrading" their cables,...
Did the OP by any chance change the length between cables?
Before considering J$ pads actually, you should try stuffing your stock pads with something to raise them. Then you'll get an idea of what kind of changes to expect. The frequency response curves on this site for both the stock and J$ Denons show an overall flatter response with the J$ pads: http://www.innerfidelity.com/headphone-data-sheet-downloads
bump
Laziness would be incorrectly stereotyping.   Apparently, there's ignorance too.  
Except that the 595s are only marginally different, so he still got the gist of it.
Yeah transparency isn't really a big deal for me in games. I figure I don't know what a plasma cannon is supposed to sound like in real life, so why should I care if there's too much treble? Most sound effects are not meant to be super realistic anyway.