Posts by warrenpchi

I think they're late to the game with their solution.  Head-Fi's solved that problem over a decade ago. 
Hey guys, I've got a question for everyone who doesn't like the wall wart.  When you auditioned the Meridian Prime with the wall wart, what sounded bad to you?  Any specific impressions on how the wall wart affected the Prime's sound in your listening tests would be helpful.    Thanks!
 Lol, really?  Oh the irony...
 This is the part on Sprockets where I am jealous! 
I think it's fair to say that we're all going to focus on certain aspects and examples of dynamics, relative to how we individually perceive them.  Given that we're essentially talking about a topic as broad as the rate and degree of change in levels over time across the entire spectrum, there are plenty of ways to quantify that individually - especially taking musical preferences into account.  That said, I do concur with edstrelow here when he points out...  ...which...
REVIEW: Lehmann Audio's Linear USB     Friday, December 19th, 2013   by Michael Liang & Michael Mercer     Sampling rates (16/44.1, 24/96, 24/192), standard-res, high-res, DSD. If you're confused by all the numbers and formats, you're not alone. Lately, many audio manufacturers are touting their new DAC capabilities: processing nearly every sampling rate and format available. Mind you, these DACs range in price from $99 to tens of thousands of dollars. We admit...
 I'm gonna have to go with Barry here.  Though I wouldn't go so far as to say neutral in an absolute sense, I would definitely say that it is fairly balanced... and certainly more neutral than the LCD-3.  I'm a little confused by this actually.  I've always perceived the LCD-X to be brighter than the LCD-3.  Or conversely, that the LCD-3 was warmer than the LCD-X.  In fact, HeadRoom's graphs show:  I fixed them at 100 Hz as opposed to 1 kHz.  If anything, the LCD-X has...
 You know what those two pieces of news remind me of?  CYMBACAVUM.   
 Thanks BeBop.  There was some initial discussion as to whether we should publish that review or not.  Everyone loves an underdog - including us - and none of us wanted to hurt iBasso in any way.  In the end, we felt that the review was fairly written, accurately described Frank and Arly's experiences with the unit(s), and ultimately useful information at this time.  Yup, that would be great.  If there's one thing people love more than an underdog, it's a comeback. ...
Looking at the reviews so far, seems like everyone was happy.    An average of 3.5 stars for the MA600[i], and an average of 4.5 stars for the MA750[i].  Not too shabby, not too shabby at all.  Congrats RHA!