or Connect

Posts by warrenpchi

Hey guys, just to be clear, there are no attendance restrictions or reservations required.  You don't have to RSVP.  Just come on down!  
Hey guys, just to be clear, there are no attendance restrictions or reservations required.  You don't have to RSVP.  Just come on down!  
  Here's the info, for everybody that can make it to Southern California this coming Saturday:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/807600/cavalli-audio-presents-the-source-av-s-summer-series-2016/210#post_12651582 Cavalli Audio is actually co-sponsoring the event, and we're planning to have two Liquid Tungstens, two Liquid Golds, two Liquid Carbons and two Liquid Sparks.  Astell&Kern will be providing the sources, which will include two AK500N units and several of their DAPs....
 And now, the wait is finally over!    Lol, I don't think Bruce would ever, ever, ever give away a free gold reference stack.   
 I find the TH-900 much brighter up top than the Elear.  In fact, even without comparing it to the Elear, and just taking the TH-900 in isolation, I find it to be much brighter and more strident than I would prefer, in and of itself.  Given your stated preferences, I think it's fairly likely that you'd feel the same, and find it fatiguing at best, and perhaps even unlistenable at worst.  Also, while I think the TH-900 is bassy, I'd hesitate to call it warm.  BTW - and this...
 @Dillan, in that case, I would specifically recommend that you consider the Elear over the Utopia... and would do so even if they were the same price.  
I had the opportunity to audition these for hours on end, on my own rig, and I wholeheartedly concur with Jude... with the one exception that I find the Utopia to be far more exciting than the Elear.    Yes, at $3,999, it's not what would typically be considered affordable, but I can tell you guys that I find it superior (by far) to another $4k flagship that comes to mind.
These sound fantastic!
We're almost there fellas!    
 Just so y'all know, the answer is not in there.    Although a few other brands are... just to throw y'all off the track.