Posts by warrenpchi

Nor are we, which is why official Head-Fi meets and events do not sell raffle tickets or any other opportunity to win.  
 In the context of CanJam, it's our Scavenger Hunt and Giveaway. Here's a link to last year's explanation about SHaG at CanJam @ RMAF:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/731471/2014-canjam-rmaf-october-10-12-2014-the-canjam-exhibitor-list-has-been-finalized-and-what-a-lineup#post_10816486
 But wait, that's not the amazing thing here... what's astounding is that you joined 14 months ago, and this CanJam SoCal t-shirt order was your first post.  We're honored!  
I have a pair of K10s coming.  When it gets here, I'll be doing a Layla vs K10 vs UERM vs 1P2 vs UE18 comparo.  Will that help?  On a side note, I just have to say that I have tremendously enjoyed the impressions that have been flowing in.  
 Oh, no, this is much better than that.  I've heard modded T5ps, including a nearly legendary one modded by Audio DNYA, which was capable of insane bass.  But that tended to be more along the lines of moar bass, an almost wet and reverberant bass at times.  What I'm finding here, via an AK100II > AKT5p EQ > balanced out > AKT5p, is increased bass response yes, but some brutally fast bass at that. Lemme put it this way, I wouldn't so much say that it's a T5p with bass......
Hey guys, I'm actually field-testing a Cozoy Astrapi right now, and it sounds pretty darned good.   Initial impressions running TIDAL via an iPad > Astrapi > Sony MDR-Z7, the sound is very detailed and musically balanced with excellent dynamics.  And for a USB-stick form factor (i.e. lots of miniture components packed together), this has a surprisingly low noise floor.     As twister6 pointed out in his review, this is done by the same people who did the Shozy Alien,...
 No bother, I should be updating everyone, sorry about that.  Just a LOT of final prep going on leading up to the show is all.  
 Lol, I do.  Been busy with the various print deadlines, but I'll touch base with ya tomorrow.  
Hey everybody, IT'S T-SHIRT TIME!    Those of you who have ordered t-shirts at our SoCal meets before already know this drill.    To reserve your shirt, please reply (post in this thread) with your Head-Fi handle, the size you want, and how many of that size that you want - all separated by pipes. If you need to order multiple sizes, please start a new line.  For example, this is my "order": warrenpchi|L|3warrenpchi|S|1 The above order accounts for three shirts for me, and...
 Coffee for me, but same difference.    One of the guys here falls (or fell) into that situation.  Hopefully he'll make is this time, and hopefully so will you.    See the next post.