Posts by warrenpchi

@yancem, I would concur with John.  The Savant should be the one you are looking at.  The 4C comes second.  The 4 comes third.  Lol, I asked this as well... and was given the same answer... which makes me a little sad Ahem, I believe there is an entry in the Head-Fi Gift Guide as well?    The Savant doesn't have that massively expansive soundstage that the HD 800 has.  It's also an IEM, as opposed to a full-sized headphone.  And it's easier to drive.  Hmm... I don't have...
 Quite welcome!  A particularly valuable point that you made back there, which I don't think should be overlooked, is that the Omni renders piano accurately.  That's not an easy thing for any headphone (or IEM) to do, and to have that assessment come from a pianist is a very meaningful impression. As far as the wood, in discussions with Zach, he's made it very plain that the differences are quite subtle, and in many cases undetectable if one is not listening for the...
 I don't want to derail the thread completely, so this is probably the last I'll say about this outside of PM.  But in the case of that particular poster, I think there is a fundamental misunderstanding of the ETHER's NiTinol headband... it's supposed to flop around like that... and it doesn't make the headphone any weaker.  I've taken ETHERs and thrown them, stuffed them into luggage, dropped them like a bad habit, etc. - and they seem none the worse for wear.  Anyway, it...
 Off-topic, but it sounds like you've been hanging out at Reddit.  
Yes, but I mean well.  
 I see now where things have gone pear shaped.  At CanJam London, you'll have to try the Uber cable.  Then you'll find yourself truly conflicted between the 1p2 and Layla.  
 Right???    Did you hear it on the Theta/Decware rig or the Violectric rig?
Really looking forward to this now!    Wondering what I should bring...?
The Stance S1+ is one of those units that makes you re-think Bluetooth audio quality.
I was just listening to the Savant while watching one of Lachlan's videos.  It made him sound far less ranty and much more balanced in terms of perspective.  #savantisprettyamazing