or Connect

Posts by warrenpchi

Lolol, wrong event.  This one's all you bro.   I'll be bringing the coffee and croissants for the CIEM event though.  There's a fantastic cafe near me that's got pretty good coffee and killer croissants... and I don't mean that light and airy stuff, I mean the way the French do it, where they are not afraid of butter.
 Already have!    I'll announce details shortly.
 They're actually available now.   To the best of my knowledge, there's only one dealer in the country that has them, and that's The Source AV in Torrance, CA.  Cavalli Audio - along with Astell&Kern, Kimber Kable and Audio-Head - are co-sponsoring a Focal listening event there this coming Saturday, June 18th, 2016 (as the third of eleven events in the Summer Series...
 He is on vacation.
 I might have implied that.  
 Hey guys, just to be clear, there are no attendance restrictions or reservations required.  You don't have to RSVP.  Just come on down!  
Hey guys, just to be clear, there are no attendance restrictions or reservations required.  You don't have to RSVP.  Just come on down!  
  Here's the info, for everybody that can make it to Southern California this coming Saturday:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/807600/cavalli-audio-presents-the-source-av-s-summer-series-2016/210#post_12651582 Cavalli Audio is actually co-sponsoring the event, and we're planning to have two Liquid Tungstens, two Liquid Golds, two Liquid Carbons and two Liquid Sparks.  Astell&Kern will be providing the sources, which will include two AK500N units and several of their DAPs....
 And now, the wait is finally over!    Lol, I don't think Bruce would ever, ever, ever give away a free gold reference stack.   
 I find the TH-900 much brighter up top than the Elear.  In fact, even without comparing it to the Elear, and just taking the TH-900 in isolation, I find it to be much brighter and more strident than I would prefer, in and of itself.  Given your stated preferences, I think it's fairly likely that you'd feel the same, and find it fatiguing at best, and perhaps even unlistenable at worst.  Also, while I think the TH-900 is bassy, I'd hesitate to call it warm.  BTW - and this...