Posts by warrenpchi

I think that both of you will be very surprised.  
 Yeah you are!   
 Where??? 

Hey guys, I just got a press release about something launching at Munich... and since we're all DAC shopping at the moment, I thought I'd post it here.  Lemme know if any of you guys are interested, as it will be launched at Munich, which is where I'll be next week.  If you guys want, I'll try to get as much info as I can, and maybe a private audition or something.   
Hey y'all!     I'll post some impressions in a bit, but I definitely wanted to say that it was great seeing everyone, and not having to work a meet for once was a big bonus of course!   Thanks @Bill-P for organizing and giving me a welcome day off.     Special thanks to wikia and @HuddlerSteph for being perfect hosts and making us feel totally at home - you guys rock!   @jude, @joe, @HiFiGuy528, @aamefford, @shane55, miss you guys already, there's never enough time...
 It's both a blessing  and a curse .  KIDDING!   To everyone that goes, if I can make a humble suggestion?  At some point, please try to audition a Carbon + ETHER rig.  One of the things that I noticed several days before CanJam SoCal 2015 was that both Dan and Alex seem to have independently and serendipitously created products that are off-the-scale in terms of dynamics... the result of which, at least to my ears and Currawong's as well, make for a super-engaging combo....
I would imagine that it generates revenue to help keep the site running.  Are you implying that such ads are there to compel someone to buy something?  If so, then seriously, I just have to ask... who are these weak willed people that can't even resist an ad, and who must buy something as a result of seeing one?  And BTW, weak willed or not, they are still responsible for having made the choice to purchase whatever they saw in the ad in question, are they not? Sorry guys,...
 And yet, strangely enough, the most interesting man in the world does not make me want to buy beer at all, or even drink beer, much less Dos Equis brand beer. But even if he did, I would not blame him for having bought beer myself.  It would have been my choice, my decision, and I would have then taken responsibility for it.  In applying this to others, I believe that people buy gear because they wanted that gear.  To my knowledge, no one here has bought gear at gunpoint,...
 That's a pretty bad analogy there.  First of all, audio gear does not cause death or disease, unless one horribly misuses it.  Secondly, audio gear is not physiologically addictive, no matter how we joke around about that.  And third, I don't think it's fair to liken the population of Head-Fi to impressionable young children (which is why tobacco advertisements are prohibited)... though I might agree with you that immaturity may be fitting in certain isolated cases here,...