Posts by warrenpchi

Hey dallan, Remember how you said this after the SoCal meet last year?  Based on what's about to happen over the course of the next two weeks, I think it's safe to say that you're gonna spoodge this year.   Cool updates coming soon folks, stay tuned!   
 Ah, I can see how you might be confused.   However, I should note that there are a bunch of people coming in from the Mid-West and East Coast.  For them, a Greyhound would take considerably longer than a flight. For example, let's consider Jude's trip here from Detroit, Michigan.  Taking a quick look at the schedules for those days, I see that Jude would have to board a bus on Wednesday, March 25th at 7:45a so that he could make it into Los Angeles at 4:25p on Friday,...
 +1  

I would think that, with wear and tear, such a thing would fall apart fairly rapidly... require periodic re-investment at an untenable rate.
 It's very possible.    To the best of my knowledge, there are no final-tuning versions of the EL-8 (whether open or closed) anywhere in the world right now.  And the pair that Tyll heard could easily have been a singular unit that is farther away from the expected final tuning than most. Whatever the case may be,  I think it would be a good thing of we all take a little chill pill to gain some perspective.  Or, alternatively, we can just keep going on as we have been, as...
 Actually, I believe that we had all of the current A&K players there (AK240, AK120II, AK100II) as well as our AK120s.  That was the week we did the Astell&Kern DAP comparisons. And FWIW guys, I have never heard any iteration of [what is now] the EL-8 open-backed that I would call bass light.    If there is such a unit out there, I would most certainly classify it as an aberration.
 Yes, it will be.    Lol, he actually is!    I have no doubt that a 445 would drive it adequately, and may even have some special synergy with it.  But I get the distinct impression that the EF1000 was voiced to pair specifically with the HE1000... and vice versa... and I think that what many of us heard at CES would tend to reinforce that notion.
 Just to satisfy my curiosity... how might we go about discerning what is +26dB versus +20dB for the volume knob?    Sounds plausible, I'd stretch out on that limb with you.  And for the record, those were simply my subjective observations, nothing more.  So for everyone concerned, please season them with appropriate sodium levels as you see fit.    Lol, with any luck, maybe the term vaginal will catch on around here.   
 LOL, I figured that might have been the case (largely based upon the supposition that no engineer worth his salt would trust an end user to actually read and follow the manual)... but I still didn't want to take the chance of somehow damaging a review unit.