or Connect

Posts by warrenpchi

I dunno about that.  Head-Fi's glossary seems to indicate that sibilance can begin at 4Khz: Sibilant (or Sibilance) - "Essy", exaggerated "s" or "sh" sounds in vocals. Sibilant sounds carry most of their energy through the 4Khz to 8Khz range, but can extend to 10kHz, depending on the individual. Sibilance is often heard on radio. Don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing in favor of the 20dB drop.  But like I said, I've seen worse notches that didn't seem to bother people too...
 My guess would be that it was intentionally done to reduce sibilance in the 4Khz range.  But I've seen much more severe notches in FR, even in headphones that people seem to favor here on Head-Fi, so I guess it can't be that bad.
Hi Guys, I'd like to drift off-topic for a moment, but in a way that I feel is relevant. If you don't feel like indulging me for this, no worries, please go ahead and skip this post. When I first joined Head-Fi, I lurked for about nine months. This was a foreign world to me, where the culture - and even the language - was incomprehensible at times. Even after I finally worked up the courage to start posting regularly, I was still very much a noob. And in many ways, I...
 +1  Speaking of going overboard, how did things go from disagreeing on a headphone (the HE-400i in this case), to jumping all the way to Stillhart pushing the Elear on people?
 Here's the part where @HiFiGuy528 says "so that's why the KSE-1500 sounds so dead to me..."   
 Thanks!  Though I wouldn't say that business is booming since we don't have anything to sell, lol!    We're spending our time making production is on schedule for the runs that we currently have open.  On top of that, we just finished the industrial design phase of the Liquid Spark (portable), and we're moving into some rapid prototypes before going into production soon.  And of course, we're working on perfecting the Liquid Tungsten.  Lots to do!  
No, I haven't yet.    Work has been pretty busy in the past couple of days so I just haven't had the time.     I'll post them here for sure as soon as I get them written up though.   
 Bingo!  
 Yes, definitely!    There's more than a reasonable chance that whichever HD 800S is there would be different from yours, in terms of burn-in, pad resilency, etc. so it may sound different from yours.
 Welcome!    Yay!    Um, wut?    Though my favorite Cavalli amp is still the Liquid Glass (for a multitude of reasons, some of which are not related to sound quality), I do have to admit that what you described is my favorite thing about the LAu.  It's ability to playback music that sounds completely natural, while remaining highly resolving and dynamic, is something that I find rare.