Posts by ssrock64

If I shower and use the bathroom in my Phantom, it'll depreciate even more quickly than a regular one. Also, a quick look for large garages in or near the Loop yields very few results, none of which can be had for apartment money. And besides, I doubt my better half would enjoy garage life. The profit part could be made fairly easily, though; there's always TV executives looking for the next stupid reality lifestyle show.
After a long deliberation and a longer shipping wait, the most expensive CD I've ever bought is here. And boy, was it worth it. I was afraid that a live show from Elbow might be undermined by pre-recorded strings and brass, but instead the arrangements are live and each unique sound in every song is recreated faithfully in a way that you might not think possible given how creative Elbow are in the studio. Guy Garvey has an immense amount of respect for the observatory at...
And I'm sitting here about to move to a Chicago apartment with no garage...I guess I won't be getting in an any of the supercar diffusion.
I'm a little late to the privacy discussion, I believe; I've been on a trip back to Wisconsin for a few weeks and haven't gotten on Head-Fi much. With nearly 500 pages of content in this thread, it's hard to imagine that somebody truly dedicated couldn't put together a picture of where you live and who you are. Unfortunately, some badly-adjusted or mean-spirited people might just go that far in pursuit of selfish ends. It's a shame that you can't post as often or with as...
I have to agree that as far as Beatles albums go, Rubber Soul has the best stereo sound. I'm usually annoyed by the extreme left/extreme right presentation of their stereo releases, but Rubber Soul is a lot easier to listen to. I grew up in an era without mono, so I would rather have a decent stereo master than a top-notch mono master. It just sounds more realistic to my ears.
Any thoughts on BaT introducing auctions? I wonder how many of their BaT Exclusive sellers will choose to go the auction route in the coming months.
It's been a busy two weeks visiting Wisconsin, including a successful trip to my old record store. Usually I provide a short description of each album I've purchased, but today I'll just have to stick with names. It's a bit of an odd mix if you ask me, with everything from ska punk to ambient post-rock to synthpop to country.   Stroll by Big D and the Kids Table   Von by Sigur Ros   Greatest Hits Vol. III by Alabama   Innerspeaker by Tame...
What is your favorite amp pairing with the HD650? I'm in the market for a new unit (mostly going back and forth between the Crack and Rega EAR at the moment), and would love to hear what you think of various amps that I haven't yet looked into thoroughly.
I probably had hundreds of Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars, but I was never given any tracks so I would terrorize my parents by improvising all over the house. I wish I knew where I put all those cars, despite their poor condition by now.   As for RC planes, my one and only foray into that territory ended up downed in a farmer's field next to a public park.
That reminds me of a company that a few friends worked for when I lived in Green Bay. They are a huge conglomerate that builds warships, commercial carriers, industrial loading and construction cranes, hotel ice machines, and vending machines, with yards all across the country. Their headquarters is a small but luxurious two-story building in a small city is Wisconsin, and you would never know how important they are if you were just passing by. Almost everyone who works...