Posts by ssrock64

Wow, now that's a name I thought I'd never see on Head-Fi. I found them a number of years ago when they had the song "Hot Stuff" included on the first Plea For Peace compilation put out by Asian Man Records, and I've been hooked ever since. Good choice!
Is there any good alternative to iTunes on Windows for iPod management? I still haven't gotten myself a FiiO, HiFiMan, etc. player, and while I like my 160GB Classic, it's literally impossible to manage with iTunes. Half the time the program doesn't recognize that my iPod is even plugged in, and the other half of the time it crashes when it finally recognizes the device. I'm at the point now where I basically have to reinstall it and purge the configuration files each time...
I'm going to make an attempt to go at this one more time. It would be nice to find somebody with information.
I've always liked those Rivoltas from the wheel arch back, but the front reminds me of a mashup between a Ferrari 330 (as you said) and the BMW 2002. Both very handsome cars on their own, but not a very good combination.   To each his own, though, and it's certainly a very unique car.
No, I've never had the opportunity to hear Future Weather, though it intrigues me enough that I may have to eventually track down a copy. My vinyl rig is sub-par, though, so I'm not sure if I'd really be able to enjoy it. Right now I'm actively searching for a CD copy of the album Carnivore by Simon Dawes, put out before Blake Mills left the band and they became the band known simply as Dawes now. I'm also looking for some early Shins recordings from when they were still...
For me, Lost In The Dream is one of the few albums that I can truly appreciate musically while not listening actively to it. The three-minute instrumental sections and extended outros make for good background listening, but I don't mean that like it's an insult. The production is just right so that each track floats in earshot without either losing detail or attacking your ears with guitars and drums. On the other hand, Slave Ambient is a much more active album for me,...
DLeeWebb,   We talked briefly last week about the new Robert Plant album, and after listening to it some more I have to say you're right about its appeal. While the first track made me think that it would be most similar in style to Raising Sand, it's much more varied and seems to express Plant's personal desire to bring his personal flavor to a number of different styles. In that respect (though not in the music itself), it reminds me of some of David Byrne's best solo...
Billy, do you have any video of the FS2 coverage of those air races? I've never seen one on TV, and I'm curious how they would handle camera coverage of the course.   Now, if I had one of those extra seats from my old 240Z lying around...
How are you liking it? I got a copy last week, but haven't listened to it yet. I really liked Raising Sand, but I haven't listened to much else from his solo catalog in a long time.
As far as former Beatles go, I've always been more of a George Harrison fan. Anyways, here's what's been on rotation that last couple days:   A View of the Sky by Paleo, one of the coolest and most creative albums that I've ever seen come out of Partisan records. It's a singer-songwriter folk album distorted by unique recording techniques techniques and quietly energetic background instrumentation, and every track of the thirteen on the record is better than the...