Posts by ssrock64

I probably had hundreds of Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars, but I was never given any tracks so I would terrorize my parents by improvising all over the house. I wish I knew where I put all those cars, despite their poor condition by now.   As for RC planes, my one and only foray into that territory ended up downed in a farmer's field next to a public park.
That reminds me of a company that a few friends worked for when I lived in Green Bay. They are a huge conglomerate that builds warships, commercial carriers, industrial loading and construction cranes, hotel ice machines, and vending machines, with yards all across the country. Their headquarters is a small but luxurious two-story building in a small city is Wisconsin, and you would never know how important they are if you were just passing by. Almost everyone who works...
That's one I've never seen before. Can somebody fill me in?
I was disappointed to find out that you can't just walk in and demo the ESP950 at Koss's outlet store, but it's possible to call ahead and ask them to set up their whole demo chain if you know your plans a day or two in advance. Maybe when I head down to Milwaukee next to fly out, I'll give them a call.   Anyways, the headquarters itself is a pretty nondescript midcentury warehouse building. I'm not sure whether most of the building is offices, if it serves as their main...
I'm Typing This From My Phone, So Please Forgive The Capitalization. I Have No Idea Why It Does This. I'm Going To Visit Koss HQ today In Milwaukee; I'll Let You Guys Know What It's Like.
A question for mods or just the general community: will this be amended into the impressions thread for the PM-2 as well, or will those of us looking for info on the new model have to move to a new thread when it's released?
Sticking with the Beck theme from recent posts, here's my personal favorite...  
People are so stubborn about their personal driving habits in this country that sometimes the only way to fix traffic flow problems is to enforce really strict laws on vehicle movement. If staying right except to pass and avoid emergency vehicles was a law and had enforcement behind it, our highways would be significantly more efficient.
Some new purchases, no introduction needed on either of these two albums:   The Suburbs by Arcade Fire   Humbug by Arctic Monkeys
Some new Bandcamp downloads:   Songs of Silt by Oh Man, The Mountain   Bedroom Series EP by Kaela Sinclair   Sleepwalking by Invisible Elephant   The Lights Go Out by Invisible Elephant   As opposed to my usual random browsing through Bandcamp's new releases to find music, this time I relied on reviews from Leonard's Lair to direct me to some really solid releases from talented artists. Oh Man, The Mountain sounds like a more acoustic-focused version of...