or Connect

Posts by ssrock64

The Life Of The World To Come by The Mountain Goats
No worries! High-end P-mount cartridges are pretty rare these days, so it's an easy point of confusion. I ended up buying a Grado Prestige Blue1 at a local shop today (oh, the joys of living in a city where such things are easily available to satisfy that impulse for instant gratification), and I have absolutely zero complaints so far. It's miles above what I had before, and it's finally elevated my TT rig into a chain that I can listen to analytically if the mood strikes...
Given that my current cartridge is an old Shure Pro Track 6, I'm not sure whether that would be much of an upgrade. I think I'll probably go for a Grado Prestige Blue, and hope that it's not as congested as some reviewers seem to indicate. Really, not that much of my record collection is heavy rock or heavily electronic, so I shouldn't have issues. Either way, it'll be a step up from the Shure.
It appears that all the decent models listed on Turntable Needles are out of stock and are discontinued models as well, like the OMP10, which would have been my first choice if it was still in production. I've had the same issue with Needle Doctor and other sites that have listings for products that appear to be no longer in stock or discontinued.
I couldn't seem to find any information on their current P-mount lineup before, so I had assumed it was discontinued. Looking at their site now, I'm having trouble finding any indication of P-mount 2M models in current production. Am I just not navigating their site well?
Thanks for the advice. I was eying a Prestige Blue, but there are some worrisome reviews about Grado's whole line of P-mount cartridges when it comes to heavily layered music. I wish that Ortofon still made their old line of P-Mount cartridges so I could at least consider another option at this price point. It seems that Grado has the market cornered, aside from some cheaper Audio-Technica options that I can't easily distinguish from one another. If an adapter likely...
I think that a debate about affordability of a TOTL project meant specifically as a luxury is somewhat beside the point, and likely will lead down off-topic pathways. This whole hobby is pretty inaccessible to vast swaths of the world's population; it's all relative.   Those who end up being able to afford the next Orpheus as first adopters will hopefully buy them in high enough quantities that we will see them at meets and be able to read some thorough reviews, and then...
Hey, everyone, I'm just popping in for a quick question. I have Technics SL-QD33, which is one of their budget models from the 80s that came from the factory made for P-mount cartridges. However, today's P-mount market is pretty disappointing, and I'm thinking I should move to a standard mount cartridge instead. However, I want to keep the same TT. Are there headshell replacements currently available that fit Technics turntables that were originally designed with a...
I haven't contributed a photo to this thread in quite some time, so I figure that my latest foray into the portable world deserves a quick post. I haven't owned a decent pair of IEMs in quite a few months, but lately I've found myself listening on the go a lot more and determined I was past due to get back into in-ears. To that end, I recently bought a pair of UE 900 universals, and I've been enjoying them straight out of the ol' iPod while debating what I want to amp them...
Sennheiser's pricing structure has been somewhat inequitable in the past when it comes to international sales, but with a product like this they're more likely to adhere to current exchange rates. Does anybody know how North American and Asian pricing was handled with the original Orpheus?