Posts by CJG888

HM-601LE / VdH The Tide / Cayin C5 / DUNU DN-1000
Today's business trip rig: FLAC files / HM-601LE / Van den Hul "The Tide" IC / Cayin C5 / DUNU DN-1000
The "dodgy" 1A charger was the original Apple iPhone 4S charger (Chinese market version).
I found that a 1A charger became quite warm. No such problems with the 2A, though...
This looks really interesting! Any information on DAC specs and price? I presume (by the valve complement) that this is an OTL design. Should be the perfect match for a pair of HD600s...
Is this the replacement for the SA-31?
I have used them (based on various recommendations), but find that they attenuate the treble excessively. I'm currently using the stock grey silicone tips (single flange).
I will be travelling quite a bit in the next few weeks (Germany, Beijing and Japan). When I return, the C5 should be burned-in (I will be taking it as my only amp, with the HM-601LE as source and a choice of DN-1000 and HD-25). I will then hopefully have a chance to compare it with the O2, Blaze S-1, iBasso P4 and BL-2. I suspect the BL-2 will win, but that is only to be expected (it costs several times the price of the C5, has a battery life of 2.5 hours, runs too hot to...
Well, I will be keeping the O2.So far (out of the box), the C5 has shown itself to be an excellent amplifier, combining a pleasing form factor, a decent battery life (and a battery level indicator!!!) with a strong, dynamic, powerful sound (especially into full size cans). My modified SR225i with Yew Woodworks cocobolo cups are an especially good match, as are the Beyer DT250/250.It does, however, have one snag. With high-sensitivity, low impedance IEMs (i.e. DUNU...
Overheating problem solved: it needs a 2A charger. An iPad2 charger works very well indeed! To Cayin: a English translation of the instructions would be very much appreciated by us Laowais! Currently enjoying it into the Fischer FA-002w. I can't believe how good it is at the price. It sounds a little like a junior version of the SA-31. Is it a discrete MOSFET design? The O2, the XXS and maybe the Blaze S-1 (SR-71A clone) will all be up for sale. OK, I'll keep the S-1 as...