Posts by gelocks

LOL!Bear in mind that I no longer have the SRH1540s due to them leaking too much (for my taste) sound out... but yeah, I enjoyed them even with their boosted bass and polite highs. Their imaging was just excellent like their open brother SRH1840 and Alpha Dogs even though it didn't have as much air as those two.  HahahaWell, just like Oregonian, I also found the LCD-XCs underwhelming... they were just missing "something"... (my notes on it should be somewhere out there......
 As mentioned before, it's all about preference.If you see Oregonian's preferred cans, they all have something in common (guess what it is... :p). Since I pretty much know what he likes (similar to what I like as well), I'm pretty sure I will like these!!! :) So, yeah, if you are afraid of how the treble might turn out for you, I'd definitely suggest you wait. Also, seeing that the price of the Z7 is cheaper in Japan, that must DEFINITELY mean that some "used" units might...
 Dammit!No!Don't go saying things like that!!!! LOL     Well, I actually think that the mids on the HD598 are not only more forward but better than the D5000 LA-modded headphones I had... seeing that according to many people the jump from the D5000/D7000 to TH900 is not as big as the price dictates, I would probably enjoy the Senns mids more... ;) But, I do/did understand your concerns, you just have to wait for more ppl's impressions and very important, check if their...
:(
 I personally call that imaging. http://www.head-fi.org/a/describing-sound-a-glossary (just in case... ;))
It seems that no one out there still has one of these to sell... (i.e. in stock) :( So in the meantime I bought an older Ultrasone HFI-650 DVD Edition just for the heck of it.... lol
 Thanks.I actually liked the MDR-1R when I had them and the annoying thing about them was exactly what's bold... it seems they had a bump on the upper-mids and once the volume was increased, I automatically got disconnected from the music as they became headache inducing! They had a bit of a boomy bass but it didn't distracted me that much. So I'm pretty sure I'll probably like the Z7 but... now I'm wondering about the updates on the MDR-1R (i.e. their new MDR-1A ...)...
Nice comparison.   Thanks!
 You just need to look a few pages before this one... mike already posted a review...
I wonder if their manual mentions their file limit for their database/tag creation... The only reason I haven't jumped to the X5 (which I like a lot) is their limit of 5xxx files and I like to listen to ALL of my available tracks in Shuffle mode....   Also, I'm pretty sure that the X1, X3 and X5 sound better than this Sony as it seems Sony's signature is kind of "soft" and tilted to the upper registers but FiiO's UI is definitely not the best even with the hundreds of...