Posts by gelocks

Ultrasone Signature DJJVC - HP DX700YAMAHA - Pro 500Fostex TH-900 (leaks)Monster N-Pulseetc.
 Not in a while... but I didn't had any problems.
 I'll check it out tonight/tomorrow morning.I'm actually enjoying the 880s with EDM, Hip Hop/Rap (Listening to Chance the Rapper), and Reggaeton so I'm pretty sure that the 840s will do well with those as well but I'll let you know for sure. Maybe other owners can chime in in the meantime. Regarding 840 amped... well, the 880s SPL is 94 and 840s is 96... I think they will need to be amped as well to provide better performance, they are basically using the same driver so...
Those new designs just look very very tasty!!! Saw a few of them on their FB page. I just hope that enough people buy them and that they listen to the feedback and maybe come up with something even more killer!
 KRKs have almost no bass (for a basshead).They are more "monitor-style" type of headphones similar to Shure SRH940s... so good mids, bright-ish, nowhere near basshead lows...
 Hahaha ;)I think they are still keepers for me even though they "leak" at moderate to loud-ish volumes.
 The XC leaks?! Man, you must be really pushing them then!! ;)If the Primes are like the Alpha Dogs, they will only leak if you are blasting your brains at a horrible very loud volume... The XCs are easier to drive than the normal Alpha Dogs. I don't think that has changed with the Prime, but I could be wrong...
 Sound/audio-quality-wise, can't assess that yet. Right now, I don't think so.But I meant with regards to usage/synergy with sources.For example, I can play my Sig DJs on my phone, laptop, AK100 MKII, Sony ZX1 and they play well and get a bit more detailed with better amp/DACs.The 880s where underwhelming with the MKII and my Moto G. They play well with the ZX1 and better on my Burson... so I just meant that the 880s need more power/better source to my ears.
 Well, do the 880s fold?! --> Duh... nevermind... I thought you were talking Beyerdynamic not Ultras)The Performance series (840/880s) are super light and even though they LOOK big, their profile is one of the best I've had alongside the Master and Dynamics MH40s (which is another headphone you could look into!!!). They fit well, the clamp is actually quite controlled (compared to the Sig Pro's/DJs and even stuff like the Alpha Dogs, etc.). They just feel "snug". Ear pads...
 This was surprising to me... it actually does way better with an amp than even the Sig DJs... (the Sig DJs just play well with everything!)