Posts by AdamFrandsen

Also interested in knowledge and opinions about the:   Gustard A20H DAC (AKM 4497EQ)   and the   Matrix X-Sabre Pro DAC (ES9038PRO)
Hi,   So, I was wondering if getting the Sony RSX GS9 for my home setup is worth it. It seems the only LDAC capable receiver component out there, and I would love to be able to use the LDAC bluetooth from my Sony Xperia XZ phone to play lossless music from the phone.    I was thinking of running it through my Burson Soloist pre amp... Any thoughts on this? Have anyone heard it? Would it be an upgrade in terms of DAC compared to the KingRex 384 w. UPower I currently...
Thanks for the answers! I am especially interested if the sound is somewhat warmer, higher detail is great but I feel my current sound is a bit too harsh... Would like more of a tube sound...
A few questions:   I am current using a Burson Soloist as my pre-amp and a KingRex 384 as dac.   I am currently in Australia an thinking about acquiring the Virtuoso...    1) Would that be an upgrade   2) What are the RCA dac outs for?   Thanks in advance! /A
I have just received a pair of these Pioneer DJE-1500 since the reviews seemed very positive and the price very fair. I am initially quite disappointed with them - the bass is powerful yet bleeds out and seems a little fussy, the separation is not the best as a result. Also the treble seems to bleed out a bit too. Especially listening to The Cure. I am currently listening to Annihilator and while their never recordings sound fairly good, their older stuff really lacks mid...
...think about this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIOFcqKEz0k
After having searched around a little, I can see that connecting a Dragonfly or other USB dac directly to the Iphone through CKK cable, won't give it enough power to run. So, instead I am thinking of getting the JDSlabs C5D and connecting that - will this cable work, is the question: http://www.alternativewireless.com/wilson-miniusb-to-apple-iphone-charging-adapter.html   Thanks A  
So guys, can anyone tell me if this will drive a pair of MDR 1Rs directly? If so, I might get it, if not I will get the Dragonfly 1.2 or the Cambridge XS... I had the first Dragonfly, but returned it - did not really impress me that much.
For sale is my Burson Soloist - condition is mint - no nicks or scratches. Pics to come... 
I just set up a new sound system and TV at my family's house. I bought a Rega turntable and installed an Ortofon 2m Blue on it. It is running directly from the receiver I bought, the Denon 3313ci. The sound is in no way bad, it is just slightly underpowered I feel, and the bass a little too prominent compared to the rest of the sound. Needs some crispness.   It would be a bonus if the unit has both headphone amp and phono stage/preamp - but most importantly is that...