Posts by AdamFrandsen

...think about this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIOFcqKEz0k
After having searched around a little, I can see that connecting a Dragonfly or other USB dac directly to the Iphone through CKK cable, won't give it enough power to run. So, instead I am thinking of getting the JDSlabs C5D and connecting that - will this cable work, is the question: http://www.alternativewireless.com/wilson-miniusb-to-apple-iphone-charging-adapter.html   Thanks A  
So guys, can anyone tell me if this will drive a pair of MDR 1Rs directly? If so, I might get it, if not I will get the Dragonfly 1.2 or the Cambridge XS... I had the first Dragonfly, but returned it - did not really impress me that much.
For sale is my Burson Soloist - condition is mint - no nicks or scratches. Pics to come... 
I just set up a new sound system and TV at my family's house. I bought a Rega turntable and installed an Ortofon 2m Blue on it. It is running directly from the receiver I bought, the Denon 3313ci. The sound is in no way bad, it is just slightly underpowered I feel, and the bass a little too prominent compared to the rest of the sound. Needs some crispness.   It would be a bonus if the unit has both headphone amp and phono stage/preamp - but most importantly is that...
I run two setups:   1) Monster HTS 1600 PowerCenter -> Computer -> Vaunix USB HUB -> KingRex UD384 w. UPower -> Burson Soloist -> HifiMan HE-500   Adding to this system in the future a pair of Magnepan or Martin Logan speakers and a power amp - so a setup looking like :   Monster HTS 1600 PowerCenter -> Computer -> Vaunix USB HUB -> KingRex UD384 w. UPower -> Burson Soloist (Pre-amp section) -> Emotiva XPA-2  -> Speakers (ML ELS's or Maggies'...
I love mine, it has a major effect on both my already powered KingRex UD384 and with my Music Streamer II it severely improves the quality. More power, clearer sound. Have you gotten yours, what are your impressions? 
For future readers:   I now own both a Burson Soloist and the HifiMan EF-5. I used to have the HE-400, which I ran from the EF-5 through a MusicStreamer II DAC, very fine sounding. I now upgraded to the HE-500 and a Lab Brick USB HUB, and the difference in sound between running the MusicStreamer II directly from the computers USB and the Lab brick is night and day!! I am actually starting to regret having bought the Burson now since the EF-5 sounds so freaking...
Loved it, very impressive indeed!! 
  Yup - if they would only arrive, sigh...