Posts by Angular Mo

I am looking for recommendations of earbuds (not IEM!) for my iPhone 5 with similar microphone and volume controls as the standard earpods have...though with better sound.   It would be great if they also had a right angle jack and the wire was a flat-tape kind that did not tangle, but these are lesser considerations.
Why buy a PONO if its format is FLAC?   I thought my iPad can be a digital transport to FLAC files as a digital transport, with a iOS DAC or digital dock as a transport.   As for source material, I can buy a CD and rip FLAC files (OK, not as convenient compared to a download.)   Alternatively, I can download FLAC files from a few sources on the Web.
James, Is it possible on the W1 to bypass its DAC? I would like to output SPDIF from the receiver to my own DAC, such as the E17, for example. I am unsure if I saw any digital output from the pictures inline if the receiver. Thank you for your help.
Their support says that it streams stored media files without any compression.   Seems to me to be a good solution to add storage to an iDevice, or other smartphone or tablet.   Wondering if anyone else has used it, I don't see reviews by audiophiles
uh oh, I sent them an email. Hopefully they will allow me to reduce my contribution toward the femto clock upgrade down to $119 USD
I went with a Pulse/Out combo + femto clock upgrade + precision part upgrade (1 million perk) I'm still not sure about the linear power supply, either.     Pulse + Out                      =  USD  398 LightSpeed Jr. Add-on       =  USD     59   (maybe I did not need this, as it comes with the Pulse, IIRC.) Slacker mini extension      =  USD      10 Femto upgrade Pulse&Out =  USD    238  (did I really need this?) Instant $1M Upgrade         =  USD    88          ...
Originally Posted by Angular Mo    LX user....any small tablets have an SPDIF out with high res?   if there are none, then my inference is that those that buy the LX either; 1) have the bucks to afford an AK player, or 2) use a laptop...such as a MacBook pro (does the Air have SPDIF output) or 3) use a desktop; in this use-case, I would typically prefer a separate DAC and amp to upgrade separately.   Seems, to me, the M8 is ahead of its time.... iDevices don't provide the...
LX user....any small tablets have an SPDIF out with high res?   if there are none, then my inference is that those that buy the LX either; 1) have the bucks to afford an AK player, or 2) use a laptop...such as a MacBook pro (does the Air have SPDIF output) or 3) use a desktop; in this use-case, I would typically prefer a separate DAC and amp to upgrade separately.   Seems, to me, the M8 is ahead of its time.... iDevices don't provide the...