or Connect

Posts by Angular Mo

Three-Questions; 1) Is TIDAL considered DSD?  I ask because IF it is, THEN I would buy the Loki.   2) Does the Vali pair well sonically with the Bifrost Uber?  I ask because I want to sample a bit (puns intended) of Tube-love, and am not ready to make the leap to a Lyr2.  Were I to buy the Asgard, then I likely would never taste a tube.   3) Do the Wyrd, Loki, and Vali make a neatly-appearing Schiit stack?   thank you!   Mo.
Was everything from the show related to balanced products?
Well, I decided to return the EL-8C, and will consider the OPPO PM-3, and turn down the volume on my DT-770 80s. I have not yet thanked my children ;-) Lately, the Uptone Regens have made my DTs sound so great that I can live with them for a while longer.
The LCD are USD 1000 more expensive than the EL-8, too rich for me.
Using years of accumulated points on American Express I purchased the closed version of the EL-8 having missed the open versions in the Web site (yeah, I am an idiot.) Everyone prefers the open version. I have not opened the box, and would need to ship them back to do an exchange, rather than walking into an Apple Store. At home I have Beyerdynamics DT-770 80s which are closed circumaurals....and I still have my teenage children telling me to "turn down the volume on...
Can I use my iDSP as a line-out to a desktop DAC?
 1) I don't have a passive in-line mechanical balance control; whether it be a knob or a slider.  No one makes that as far as I can tell. The best I can find are noisy mixers, but I need to set the volume of each left-right channel, which is different from a balance or panning control.  2) The lack of line-out functionality from either dedicated amps, or DAC/amps.
The headphone plug and the USB are on opposite sides of the HA-2 ?  Reminds me of my ancient HRT iStreamer.   That must be a total PITA to carry inside one's trouser-pockets, or, in my case, the inside breast-pocket of a men's sport-jacket.   Yeah, I know...you can get a right-angled cable for the headphone and have that on the bottom end as there is no, AFAIK, right-angled Lightning cable.   Form factor and usability are very important to me.   Any solutions?  (I...
As a professional software business analyst, I am uniquely qualified to provide feedback on the software functionality,usability, user-experience, workflow, and design GUI implementation.  I am 54-years old, and listen to a wide range of music; jazz, classic rock, traditional vocalists (e.g., Tony Bennett, Ella Fitzgerald, etc.)  Frank Zappa, Blues, and non-electro modern, rock music.     The interaction between the sound and the controls, and their calibration is also...