Posts by wakibaki

Still trying to put a pair of phones together. I just have to spray the stators with insulation, stretch and glue the diaphragms, dismantle and rebuild everything with moisture membranes and the cable in place.   I went with this very simple adjustable headpiece, it's a bit heavy, needs some bits slimmed down, but it's at least functional for a first experiment. The headband is velcro, the earpads velour from ebay.   Of course I still need to build some kind of...
The B22 is very highly thought of, but can be a very expensive build. You will probably not find anything that performs significantly better at any price, however the O2 is widely regarded as transparent, and is probably indistinguishable from the B22 with the very large majority of 'phones, and costs a lot less. w
In a single-ended battery driven circuit ground is best located at the battery negative terminal. A simple strategy that is often effective is to wire each grounded point in the circuit back to the battery negative with individual wires. w
OK, I misunderstood about Vcc-. The opamp will not work with either of it's power pins unconnected. If you are using a single rail (one 9V battery), both Vcc- and the battery negative must be connected to ground. If connecting them causes the output to disappear, then there is a serious problem elsewhere in your circuit. bootdsc's comments are well taken, it's not really accurate to claim that the circuit is working. w
Here's a good source of information on electrets and powering them:-http://sound.westhost.com/project93.htm It's very difficult to diagnose your circuit in the absence of a diagram. The opamp Vcc would normally be connected to the positive supply, but if you don't know this, you don't know much, so be prepared to destroy a few components. Don't connect anything of value, such as expensive headphones, to the output, and look for a DC offset at the output with a meter...
Excellent, thank you, no, that will do.   I was pretty convinced anyway, but that provides quite a lot of substantiation.   You are a mine of information, it's just that getting at it can be like pulling teeth.   w
Quit griping. Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.   Given the large numbers of spurious claims we encounter you should be disappointed if yours is examined any less rigorously.   I am simply asking questions I would expect you to ask, and consequently have a ready answer for. What measures were taken in these tests to ensure that there was no transducer-introduced effect? Or is it widely accepted that what you generate mathematically will be reflected in the...
I'd like to see a spectrum analysis of the test tones to be sure that there aren't any differences emerging from any other cause that might be expected to be audible, independent of the phase switching. There's mony a slip 'twixt cup and lip.Even if absolute phase is recognised to be audible using test tones, l'm still not convinced that the conditions required for audibility maintain in music.My feeling about absolute phase is that if this has not proved a significant...
Audible, fool, not edible. w
  Fine, you won't be lonely.  Get an honest job, like, say... a lawyer, or a real estate agent. w