Posts by wakibaki

Well, before you start getting picky, you might want to look at your arithmetic, because the takings are $10,000, not $6000. You're so anxious to prove me wrong, you're in a big rush to ignore some significant details yourself.   Why don't you knock it off with those negative waves? Jealousy will get you nowhere. I'm not making a direct attack on your business, but it sounds very much like a case of 'if the cap fits, wear it'. Is it because you fear the genuine...
  Ah, well. You and I disagree there. I just don't think that a tube headphone amp needs to have expensive transformers, for the technical reasons I have already stated. I think that the limit of performance of tubes can be achieved at these power levels without expensive iron. That's all.   Nice to see a good-tempered post though.   As to the Woo amps. No, I have designed some overkill amplifiers. There's a certain satisfaction to producing (or owning) an amplifier with...
  Respect. Yes.   Does that include objecting to the misquotation and misrepresentation of my views as detailed in post #79? Somehow I don't get the impression that it does.   I have every respect for the people at JDS labs trying to make what I see as an honest and proportionate return on their investment of time and money. One moderated by genuine competition.   In common with more than one of the respondents here, I think you're partisan and hostile, nikongod, either...
I've been toying with the idea of getting one of the CNC paper cutters shown here    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDRN1_i0vJU   And here   http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/papercutterpcbs/   This will drill the holes for you, as well as mill the board. Then you could try the conventional method of thru-hole plating of drill first, squegee in conductive ink, electroplate the holes, etch or mill the board.   I have actually tried the...
Never give an inch, huh?   Sometimes I live in the country. Sometimes I live in the town. Sometimes I get a great notion, To jump in the river and drown.   Huddie Ledbetter, quoted by Ken Kesey in:- 'Never Give an Inch'   w
I bought some of this stuff (or similar):-   http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Conductive-Wire-Glue-Paint-NO-Soldering-Iron-Gun-Solder-/320599571856?pt=UK_Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM&hash=item4aa5393d90#ht_1416wt_1398   It's carbon loaded glue, the stuff I bought claimed to have carbon nanotubes in it. I wanted it to make vias in PCBs.   I used to make a lot of doublesided PCBs at home. More recently I started buying manufactured ones because I was having to make the...
  Is it? It doesn't say so anywhere in the datasheet.   Jfet opamps are usually characterised by an input bias current in the picoamp range. The LME49990 has an input bias current in the range 30-1000nA which is more typical of a bjt input.   See page 190 of Horowitz &...
Yes, it'll be a 3.5mm stereo jack if it was plugged into a laptop.   You buy a 3.5mm stereo jack (from ebay probably).   You cut the existing jack off, with about 2 inches of wire still attached.   You make the soldered connections to the new jack, using the old jack and it's coloured wires to establish which wires are connected to the tip, ring and sleeve using a multimeter to check for continuity. Usually there is a screen wire surrounding 2 insulated...
OK. With LCRC PSU @ 200VAC in   @tube-town.net - inc. shipping   Chassis 1440 - 10, 4*8*2 in. OPT 125BSE 5W 45mA DC * 2 Toroidal PT 30VA 6.3V * 1.5A, 200V * 0.1A Choke 156G 300V 9H 300 ohm 40mA B9A sockets * 2 Res 10k 5W   €122 ~ $157 US ~ £98   Need: various grommets, hook up wire, nuts & bolts, small tagboard, caps, res, pot, jack sockets, semiconductors, knob, power inlet, cable ~ $85?   In hand 2 * 6N6P ~ €6 ~ $7.50 ~ £4.80, punches,...
  I never said under $200 for a valve amp, I said under $200 for a SS amp. What I did say about valve amps was that $1500 was unnecessary. I said $400 build price, 100% markup.       That's what I wrote - after that, uproar.   @estreeter, your last post has at least some merit to it.   I might build the amp, for all that.   w