Posts by wakibaki

http://www.amazon.com/Dayton-Audio-SPA500-Subwoofer-Amplifier/dp/B0048FHWL8     You might shave a few bucks by building one yourself, but you could easily spend quite a lot more...   w
You want 50 Amps? 50 Amps?   I think you need to reassess what you're doing here. 12VDC into 2 ohms resistive is 6A.   Now, car amplifiers can draw a lot of current, but this is usually because they are switching amplifiers, or incorporate switch-mode PSUs, to drive high current into typical speaker impedances in a bridged configuration, and in cases like that can pull high currents, maybe 50A, but a domestic subwoofer? This is just looking for unnecessary...
  Everything is not 'subjective in a sense'.   This is like saying 'left is right, in a sense'.   There is subjective, and there is objective, and never the twain shall meet.   Objective ultimately means 'the collective opinion of everybody in the world'.   Objective is what you get if you parade everybody in the world past a thermometer, ask them to take a reading, and take an average of the readings. The result you get becomes 'the objective truth'. That's how hot the...
Quite honestly, zilch0md, I think your response is disappointing.   I'm not surprised by it, you want to continue swapping opamps and talking about it. If you really paid attention to what jcx wrote, and the stuff in the Sound Science forum, you'd have to give that up almost in its entirety.   Sometimes our illusions matter more to us than the truth, when we have a big emotional investment in them.   I want to continue designing bits of electronics and...
The thing is, zilch, that just reading one of these books isn't going to hack it. In fact you probably haven't even got the precursors to understand these books (other than the Winer one).   Trying to take your anger out on people who have made the effort to understand the subject doesn't improve the situation, however.   The first clue as to how to improve the situation is to learn to use google.   First try reading everything Wikipedia has to say on the...
http://www.head-fi.org/f/133/sound-science   w   It's simply not true that 'others have no choice but to experiment, in ignorance'. For anybody with a computer and internet access, ignorance is a choice.
  We don't know.   Well, that's not quite true, but the reasons are convoluted, obscure and inflammatory to some and reiterating them is not exactly welcomed on a forum that to a large extent owes its existence to the fact that it is.   We have here a ghetto in which discussion of objective means of testing is permitted, whereas if there were any rationality to the forum's layout, discussion of objective means of testing would not only be permitted everywhere, but...
If we search the Microchip directory tree (under Program Files) for p16F690.inc, we will soon discover the file in \MPASM Suite (depending on exact version). We can just click on the file, which should cause it to open in Notepad, or drop it into any text editor of our choice.   Searching through the file for 'CONFIG' will soon reveal the following:-   ;========================================================================== ; The following is an assignment of...
So.   We could have 4 digits and display values 0-1023 because the PIC is capable of resolving 1024 steps, but it makes things quite a lot simpler and cheaper if we just go for 3 digits. The fourth digit wouldn't contribute much, it would just be blank (or zero, 0) and on rare occasions show 1 when the value was 1000 - 1023. We'd have to blank the display etc. etc.,   ...the 4th. digit is just a lot of work for not very much result     3-digit multiplexed...
How to read a datasheet.   Read the stuff in the large font first, then work your way down to the smallest font.   No, seriously.   You may think, 'What's this 4sshole on about? Telling us how to read.'   I didn't get where I am today, however, without learning what I can safely ignore.   It's common in engineering offices, and occasionally elsewhere, to hear muttering. '...Mutter, mutter, mutter, mutter   ...read the *ucking...