Posts by wakibaki

33% of people so far would go for the 10 @ 320.   I find this hard to get my head round, but I have to assume that they are reporting the truth. To me, this is tantamount to poking oneself in the eye with a sharp stick, but as they say in Yorkshire, 'There's nowt so queer as folk'   C'mon people, 70-odd views, but only 9 votes. Register your preferences...   w
  Oscar Wilde   I hope you have not been leading a double life, pretending to be wicked and being good all the time. That would be hypocrisy.   Matthew 7:5   Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.   Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band   Oh Lord, wish my bed wasn't silken sheets so tight I got to keep my strength up got to do a show...
In the UK we have a well-known radio program, Desert Island Disks.   A celebrity is asked to select 10 disks (single tracks) that they'd choose from all the music in the world, that they'd like to have if they were marooned on a desert island.   Now, you've probably seen this:-   http://mp3ornot.com/index.php   It's the subject of another thread, it's a test to see if you can reliably tell the difference between 128kbps/sec and 320kbps/sec MP3s   I...
This looks like fun. I think I'll get one.   w
Yes and yes.   I had to return the first Pi I got because of it's unreliability, it kept throwing error messages during boot, different error messages each time, sometimes pages of them followed by a failure to produce a command prompt. To try to resolve the problems I was having I bought a second USB PSU, and tried a second powered USB hub. When neither of these fixed the problem in any combination I returned the PI to RS. The replacement didn't have those...
  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Rick Wakeman. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!   I have to say, on the subject of old and new gear, although bigshot paints things very black and white, he's pretty much right. Mechanical build quality tended to be less 'value engineered' in days gone by, and there are exceptions to every rule, but audio equipment is pretty good now. Look at the Sansa Clip. Most heads would have sold their souls for SQ like that in the '70s, to say...
OK, here are the 2 subroutines, clockwize and anticlockwize, they're practically identical, so there's no reason not to just describe one.   clockwize: rrf rflag,f btfss STATUS,C goto clk bsf rflag,7 clk: bcf STATUS,C return aclockwize: rlf rflag,f btfss STATUS,C goto aclk bsf rflag,0 aclk: bcf STATUS,C return   We have the state...
Now let's take a look at the program's main loop.   This is the section between the label, 'mainloop:' and the last 'goto mainloop'.     mainloop: btfsc PORTB,4 goto main_anti call clockwize call do_your_thing call delay goto mainloop main_anti: btfsc PORTB,5 goto mainloop call aclockwize call do_your_thing call delay goto ...
Here's the schematic for the little board I built.     It means I can connect up a 9V battery and have a power (5V) output for the stepper board. Then there are 4 pins brought out to a header to drive the stepper motor coils, and a programming header so that I can reprogram the chip in situ.   There are 2 switches to ground with pull-ups to Vcc connected to PORTB, bits 4 and 5. The pullups keep the pins high, except when the switches are closed, when...
Here's the program reduced to a template for PIC 16F690:     list p=16F690 #include __CONFIG _FCMEN_OFF & _IESO_OFF & _BOR_OFF & _CPD_OFF & _CP_OFF & _MCLRE_OFF & _PWRTE_OFF & _WDT_OFF & _INTRC_OSC_NOCLKOUT cblock h'20' endc ORG 0x000 mainloop: goto mainloop END   These few lines are what we call the programming overhead. The bits that need to be in the program, but that aren't really part of the program...