Posts by wakibaki

Cool.   I always like to see 'dirt cheap' in a thread title.   w
OK, D-S   Glad you didn't take my somewhat blunt response amiss. I don't mean any offence, and I certainly don't mean to discourage you. Stick at it.   w
  No it's not. It's fubar.   Split the voltage source into 2, connect the midpoint to ground (like in my sim) and try again. If you connect the output to ground like you did, the simulator just forces it to 0V and you get a nonsense result...     w
    I think the idea is that if you connect the output to ground, then it will be at 0V.      w
  No debate. We just turn up the drive and yours will expire before mine every time. What do you think they put that pad there for, decoration?   w
  No, the pad doesn't need to be soldered to function, but the amplifier will be less robust and less versatile. My recommendations are designed to produce the best amplifier possible with that chip.   Removal of a faulty AD8397 is barely more problematic when fitted as I recommend. Simply cut through the chip legs one by one close to the chip using a scalpel. Apply heat to the soldered hole on the reverse. The chip will drop off. Collect the cut legs with a hot soldering...
  How about these particular ones?    
No, the ground follows the ripple, but in opposition.   The circuit has negative feedback. The reference point for the opamps is the resistive divider which is connected to the non-inverting input. The opamp outputs whatever voltage is necessary to force the inverting input to the same voltage as the non-inverting input. You need the unfiltered deviation at the feedback takeoff point and the high speed response of the circuit to allow the circuit to respond quickly...
The CMoy circuit will work, with the provisos I made about layout and heatsinking, but adding short circuit protection will degrade the amplifier performance or add a lot to the complexity of the circuit.   If you can trust yourself not to plug or unplug the headphones while the amplifier is turned on, or use connectors which do not short the output when connecting or disconnecting you can use this chip. You could use RCA connectors with a RCA to TRS jack adapter. As...
Don't do it that way.   Either use the volume control on the amplifier or whatever source you are using, or put a resistor divider (not just a single resistor) or a pot (variable resistor) between the source and the amplifier. You'll need a dual-gang (stereo) pot.       Putting a resistor between the output and the phones will almost certainly have a negative effect on the sound.   w