Posts by wakibaki

Done a few designs with this chip... http://www.head-fi.org/t/555770/what-i-did-with-tpa6120 http://www.head-fi.org/t/586042/what-i-did-next-with-texas-headamp-chip-a-digital-control-desktop-portable You can see quite a large hand wound inductor I used at the output, I also built it with a 1Meg ferrite, I had no problems with oscillation in either case (or without). The amps looked good tested with RMAA, but it's not possible to verify the performance absolutely without...
From the description the chances are that that is exactly what it is. Other possible problems are dry or broken solder joints in the wiring associated with the volume pot. Since the problem changes with movement of the control, the chances are that the problems are being caused by some kind of mechanical problem in or close to the pot. Of course it's not a definitive diagnosis, but I would think that inspecting the joints near the pot and replacing it if nothing is found...
Here is my take on the issue. Dimensioning a tube amp for headphones is problematic if a wide range of phones is to be accommodated. Headphones range from 16 to 600 ohms and perhaps beyond. They have a wide range of efficiencies. You can discover these easily. An amplifier capable of 8vrms and 250mA should be capable of driving the large majority of phones and capable of destroying many. Dimensioning a SS headphone amp is straightforward. It must deliver sufficient...
This is a feature of the amplifier, not the headphones. You are running the risk of confusing the issue, when the guy clearly needs his understanding of the basic issue improved, not to be led into a minefield of secondary issues. A volume control divides noise equally with signal. The added noise after the volume control is trivial, recall Friis.w
I am an RC modeller too, but an external charger is not always what is wanted. You have found my TPA6120 amplifier. I have built 2 of these with protected li-ion batteries. One set of batteries has survived being left on continuous charge, but one set died, I don't know whether the batteries were at fault, or if the charger is wrongly adjusted. The batteries are from dealextreme.com, I buy them for my LED flashlights, I have had a few fail. Anyway, be careful if you use...
Very nice, NuClear235. How are you charging the batteries? w
Doesn't that mean that the outputs are updated out of phase by 50% of lrclk? I think you can just cascade the shift registers, get rid of the XORs and run the update of both left and right direct off lrclk. It's just a question of which is left and which is right, top or bottom. You might have to invert lrclk.One of the things I'd build into an experimental prototype is the capacity to control the output pulse width. The chip has tristates, you could drive them using a...
Try Ball and Chain, Big Brother and the Holding Company. w
Way to go, ab initio. w
No. The signal-to-noise ratio is a feature of what is going into the 'phones. Sensitive 'phones play the noise loud, but the signal louder. Insensitive phones play the signal quiet, but the noise even quieter. The sensitivity of the 'phones has no impact whatsoever on the actual or perceived SNR.w