Posts by wakibaki

Sorry, I didn't realise your symptoms were so florid. So are there any audio devices that you reject as scams? How 'bout the Lessloss Blackbody? Do you believe that bit-identical files sound different if ripped on a regular computer or one with a low-noise PSU? Or if the destination medium was solid-state or rotating  platter disk? This information will help us to reach a more accurate diagnosis.
 Rubbish. It's well known that a sufficiently loud explosion can perforate your eardrums. Instantaneously.
  Did he say that? If he didn't he should have. Every now and again you pushers push the envelope out of shape. We need an antithetical model to put up against the barrage of senseless crap based on the necessity for recording sounds that nobody can demonstrate they can hear. There's a lot to be said for the status quo. In this instance. You're just another new-is-good vandal hacking away at anybody you can find who you think understands or otherwise represents a...
'Ground' or 'Earth' is one of the most troubling concepts for budding engineers to come to terms with. Frequently understanding only dawns when it is required to design an antenna system or RF output amplifier. Earth is not just a place to send large unwanted currents in an emergency.   The planet is a conductor. It acts like a huge metal ball. Sometimes we connect our circuits to the Earth, sometimes not, even though they may have a symbol on the schematic that is...
There is normally no voltage between the stators, since both are connected to the same side of the PSU. Until you apply a signal.   It's the voltage differential between the diaphragm and the stators that maintains the charge. If the stators are connected to -ve, then electrons are pushed onto the stators and pulled off the diaphragm (connected to +ve). Take the applied voltage away and the charge will slowly leak away through surface resistivity and ionic conductivity....
What is required to get a perfect vinyl rip?   Perfect vinyl.
Self capacitance is pretty meaningless in this case. We're interested in mutual capacitance. You can only drive a charge onto something with respect to something else. Ground if all else fails. I mean you have to have something to connect the other side of the PSU to. Even if the connection is invisible (surface resistivity). Unfortunately you don't have an accurate enough grasp of the meaning of charge, voltage and capacitance to make meaningful discussion possible....
More charge = more electrons = same capacitance and more voltage = more capacitance and same voltage.
I've seen products massaged through test with copper tape. All the test houses have large rolls of the stuff, it has conductive glue. Of course any modifications have to be carried through into the product.   The problem is gauging the effectiveness of what you've done. In a test you can bombard the object with high power across a range of frequencies with various modulations.   There are loads of proprietary products for the control of RF for boxes, sprung copper...
Hi guys.   Sorry I haven't made a contribution for a while. Getting stators and spacers manufactured in bulk has just proved beyond my energy.   Regarding the stretching problem, there are a couple of things that might be done.   A stretching jig might be devised with some kind of repeatability and mechanical graduation.   A way of estimating the tension might be devised.   In reverse order, you could apply a load to the diaphragm, and observe the displacement in...