Posts by wakibaki

I don't mean any harm by it. Probably a bit of frustration speaking there, but it's hard to pass an opportunity like that by. Once in a lifetime, you might say... Here's the amplifier, txfrmrs, LT and EHT supplies. Still haven't turned it all on.
What, you mean, I shouldn't bother trying because the cancer will probably take me first? Thanks.
You will see a few pages back that I have drawn up some PCB designs for stators and spacers. These are untested, but the likelihood of there being problems are small. While I have made parts myself at home on my CNC mill, I know from the time and effort involved that no-one here is likely to take on producing these parts in numbers for customers here without it being a labour of love (i.e. ultimately a drain on the producer), or priced at a level which would to a degree...
tomb   It surprises me not at all to discover you, advocating that someone should waste their money.   Your behaviour is self-serving to the point of being embarrassing to witness.  You are a member of the trade, try to act like you understand financial propriety, even if you have no appreciation of design consideration.   w
You might get a visit from the 2-channel police.jcx makes some good points. You're not the only potential benefiter here. Other people are reading this thread.The waste of money may seem of little consequence to you, had you but known you could have given it to charity, and got a better amp into the bargain. Have a look, the cost of a populated board can easily exceed the yearly income of a person in the 3rd. world.Anything that can be done to mitigate the present effects...
Connect 0V together, connect bias to diaphragm.   w
No product survives by right. It is not laid down in tablets of stone that DIY designs and kits deserve adoption. The rationale for their existence was never strong, if a single design, the O2, could so seriously upset the marketplace. It is not true that there is 'nothing left to do'. The design of custom enclosures is just becoming accessible, via CNC routing or 3D printing. The O2 was intended to meet a standard of performance affording transparency, and with certain...
OK, what do you mean by a kit? A set of 4 PCBs or an assembled capsule with a pretensioned diaphragm? That is a much bigger ask. Edit: Cross post - I see what you mean by a kit. I can visualise building a stretcher to apply a constant tension from diaphragm to diaphragm, but that would be a time consuming task to calibrate, and would probably force me to take on MOT status, which I am reluctant to do, whereas I could supply PCBs at cost+, which I do already for other...
I can get 0.6, 0.8, 1.0, 1.2, 1.6, 2.0 mm thicknesses. 0.6 & 2.0 cost extra. It's unfortunate that 0.5 is not available, but I hope that the 0.6 will still prove acceptable I thought that for the stator the stiffest one at no extra cost was the one to go for, but 0.8 is the same price. Do you think there is an advantage to the thinner one? In sound quality? I have kept the capacitance as low as I could conveniently, I can maybe improve it slightly. The prices are...
This is a 100mm diameter stator and diaphragm pair.       It took me a while to figure out how to make the PCB software generate gerbers and drill files to do this job since it is not really what the software is intended to do. I can get the diaphragm supports (spacers) in 0.6mm. The stator can be 1.6mm, this is cheapest. The stator can be covered with solder resist, except where there are pads. The mounting pad holes are M2, intended to accommodate Nylon bolts,...