or Connect

Posts by garysohn

And now we will have the new LG "V10" in September.  I noticed a HP 17 inch laptop with B&O Play (software I guess) installed.  Things keep changing.
Thanks Obama!
http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2016/04/audioquests-dragonfly-red-puts-high-end-daps-on-notice/
http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2016/04/go-anywhere-with-audioquests-dragonfly-black/   In my previous post I had referred to the Audioquest Dragon as having design input from Chris Hansen at Ayre. As this article points out it is Gordon Rankin of Wavelength who provided expertise. Since 80-90% of my listening these days is from Tidal I believe I will wait for a phone or device with MQA before I change device.
I guess I am considered an audiophile (Magnapan, ATC 19) and outside of Class D ICE I can't think of one thing that would define B&O as "audiophile".  B&O was always something that had a wow visual factor. I remember going over to a guy's place and he had the complete set-up, including that gorgeous turntable.  It was impressive to look at, but the sound was nothing special. My point is that I would have liked to have seen the DAC module implemented by someone else...
I see US$500 on US Amazon.
That s/b : none of these phones make mention of MQA.
LG G5 makes no mention of MQA and Bang and Olusen is not a Meridian MQA partner.  None of these phones make mention of Tidal. I am under the impression that it will take different hardware and not just firmware.  Is this right? Tidal is important to me so I guess I will just have to wait.
I am looking forward to the LG G5 and its purported modular feature. Put your money into what you really want and use. I imagine that it would be easier to implement MQA. I make extensive use of Tidal, but I live where Sprint speeds are not great.  MQA delivers high resolution files in smaller packet size. Perhaps LG could have modules with two Micro SDXC cards, choice of DAC or amp, or whatever. I know I am dreaming, because it just seems that people go on and on about...
"It isn’t only freshly recorded fare that sees sonic elevation from MQA. All recorded music, past and present, can potentially, allegedly sound better with MQA applied. Stuart and his team claim that any existing digital file can be processed via the MQA algorithm and therefore have corrected (‘de-blurred’) any temporal damage wrought by the original ADC. That means better sound across the board for MQA-processed content whether played back on an MQA-equipped DAC or not....