Posts by garysohn

I compared the Etta James album At Last, "Sunday Kind of Love".  This is a 24/96, FLAC. Compared the native player to Neutron and to Poweramp. Interesting.  I can't see where the native player identifies the cut as being 24/96. The third part players do identify the cut as 24/96. It sounds to me like the native player has more dynamic range. That is what I hear on main system as a difference between 14 and 24, This is sure not a good comparison for a number of reasons;...
This is true.  I can't remember which website was testing the G2, but they discovered significantly increased distortion with the last 10% (about) of gain. I too thought the maximum volume to be a bit low, but thought perhaps that reflects my poor upper range hearing.  I use my G2/Neutron/REO with the Kunlun OTG and this offers noticeably better sound over just using the G2. I had a Note 3 for ten days and the poor sound quality was intolerable. G2 is much better.  (My...
referring to Hak cable.
I bought one of these and can not get it to function with LG2.  Tried it both ways.
I have it in my queue at Netflix. Thanks.
do you have anything definitive that states it does or does not have a Wolfson?
For what it is worth, the LG G2 works with Kunlun. I hope that gives you hope.
SM-PV900P.  I think that was it.  It was the Sprint version. Sounded like an AM radio. You would easily hear how bad it sounded. This was headphone out. Into my car stereo system (Kenwood 24 bit deck and Focal speakers).  Also Hifiman REO (Kylin).  Only headphones I have are Superlux  HD 661. I ran an old HTC EVO 4G into the same kit.  The EVO clearly sounded better. Seriously, you would hear it.  I wonder if my Note 3 was broken.     M
Please don't quote Hydrogen on this forum.  It is the website for people who hate high fidelity music systems. It is for scientists. The Note 3 I had sounded really, really bad.  I returned it for the G2 which sounds much better.  I don't know why. I really don't care. I have decades of being involved with the high fidelity reproduction of music in the home.  If it sounds good to you that is all you need to know.
I traded in my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for a Life's Good G2. I am very happy. This particular G2 sounds immensely better than the particular Note 3 I had. Not even close.  The Note is a good phone with massive (for 2013) storage.  The stylus is impressive tech, but it is not something that I use with my needs and lifestyle. The G2 just feels good in my hand. Ohhh, that doesn't good, but you know what I mean. The buttons on the back are a total positive.  If you don't fight...