Posts by Nubbles

Hey everyone. I'm looking for suggestions for open headphones. If possible, please include an amp suggestion as well. Thanks.   Music genres: 25% electronic, 65% rock/post-rock. The remaining 10% belongs to everything but hip-hop, jazz, and reggae. Price: $600, including an amp. Sound preferences: My favorite headphone/earphone I have heard is the Vsonic GR07. I am looking for something with a better soundstage (hence open headphones) and perhaps a less soft...
Got mine about a week ago, and they sound fantastic. One issue I had with them is the treble spike, but that seems to be clearing up. In the beginning, I couldn't listen to them very long without feeling discomfort. I can still hear some of the sibilance, but somehow it doesn't sound harsh to my ears. I am hoping this gets even better with time.   I have to agree with most people that this is not a "fun" earphone. It has a somewhat sterile sound to me, as was...
Jonsi - Go   Just a fantastic experience, this album. Not to mention the quality of the recording, which I found to be excellent. Also:   Mono - Hymn to the Immortal Wind   which is another incredible musical journey.
Well, I ended up ordering these. They just sounded too suitable for me to pass up. When they arrive, I'll make a post somewhere about what I think of them out of the box and after a long burn in.
So I just remembered reading somewhere that these have a similar sound to the HD 595. My modded HD 555 sounds decent enough, but I actually prefer the sound of the NE-700X. I felt the HD 555s were harsh at times, and I don't have that problem with the NE-700X. To be honest, I was disappointed with the 555s, due to it's raw sound. The mod made me a lot happier with them, but I would still prefer something much less grainy and smoother. I also would like more bass...
  Well then, I guess that was just me not being used to the amount of detail they put out. Or something else, maybe. Maybe I don't even know what sibilance is.   I am hoping the sibilance won't be a problem. I will give it a good 200 hour burn in before I pass judgment on them.    
Well, considering the price, I think I could deal with those issues.   The issue of mid-forwardness is really something I will just have to figure out myself. I don't know my preference in that area yet. Same goes for sibilance, not sure how sensitive I am to it. I only had minor sibilance issues with the RE-0, but they were only on recordings that I later found were simply sibilant themselves.   I feel more confident in these than I did any other of the IEMs. Will be...
The GR07 seems more versatile than the others. My music taste is actually pretty varied. The genres I listed as my favorites are only listened to slightly more often than others. If I had to use one word to describe most of my music, it would be "lush".   If the GR07 is warm and balanced with a slightly mid-centric sound, doesn't sacrifice too much detail in the highs, and has a good soundstage, then it'd probably be a better fit for me than the TF10. It is also a...
I did consider the TF10Pro briefly, but ruled them out for some reason I don't remember. Almost completely forgot about them. Now they look pretty tempting.   I guess I never really wanted an analytical earphone to begin with. The RE-0 impressed me with its clarity and highs, but listening to the NE-700X has made me realize I want a more "musical" sound. The TF10 also comes with a more desirable price tag. I set my budget at $250, but I really didn't want to spend...
That's good to hear about your experience with the e-Q5. I looked at the thread you made asking for recommendations, and I seem to be looking for what you were looking for.   After listening to the NE-700X for the past several days, I've found a couple things that I enjoy about them, namely their warmer signature and better-than-average soundstage. The RE-0 may have been slightly too thin for my tastes, but I don't remember at this point. They also did not have the...