or Connect

Posts by SDBiotek

The DT1350 and T51 are different models, although they look similar. For $150, the DT 1350 is a good value.
The "thump" when turning off the amp happens on many headphone amps, and is hardly unique to Schiit headphone amps.
C'Mon, this is Head-fi! Enjoy your new Shure SE535 now, then buy the Savant later on. I haven't tried the SE535, but I am waiting for my universal Savant (impatiently).
That cable should be fine. Let us know if anything changes when you get your DAC. Hopefully you won't need to return the amp.
Try using a different cable, if you have one. You might not be getting good contact in the jack from your source. Are you sure that the cable is stereo, not mono?
At that price point, it will be a challenge to find a quality headphone that meets all of the requirements. The Sennheiser Momentum on ear is a great suggestion, however. The Sennheiser PX-200 folds down like a pair of glasses, and I've been using mine at work for several years. I think it may match your preferred sound, as it doesn't have as much bass as the Momentum on ear. The non-removable cables might be an issue, though.
I suspect the Philips model would offer more clarity than most headphones around $50, so it's too bad that open back isn't an option. The Audio-Technica ATH-M20X is close to your price range, and probably pretty sturdy (I don't have one, but have the M50X, a similar design). It's discontinued, but I also liked the Ultimate Ears UE6000. You might be able to still find it online.
If you don't mind an open-back model, Newegg is selling the Philips SHP9500 over ear headphones for $50 on eBay. I haven't tried them myself, but I have seen them mentioned favorably on Head-fi. Newegg is a reputable online retailer, if you are not familiar with them. I'd post a link, but it is a bit fussy to do from my tablet.
I tried out the Savant this morning. Compared with my K10, I'd say the Savant seemed to have a bit more treble extension, and less bass impact. If I had the money , I'd be tempted to get the universal Savant for times when using a ciem is not convenient. I haven't tried the N4, so I can't compare the two.
No, the pins are fully inserted into the ciems. It would be best to contact Noble support for help. I'm not sure if the issue is with your ciems, or the cable itself. I have a different cable from a third-party company, though, where the pins do not fully go into the sockets, but the fit still feels secure.