Posts by SDBiotek

Sold
Sale pending
Hi everyone, this would make a great first amp for someone, or serve as a inexpensive amp to use at the office. The reasons for the low asking price are:   1) The amp works, but only when (2) 9V batteries are installed, AND plugged into a power supply. Possibly it can run directly off just 9V batteries, but I do not have any fresh ones.   2) I do not have an extra external wall wart/power supply for the amp, so you will need to supply your own.   3) The wood case...
If you are mostly concerned about noise cancellation, Bose is tough to beat. However, most, if not all, noise cancelling headphones don't sound as good as a decent passive headphone, in my opinion. An iem or custom iem with a good seal can be more effective at blocking out external noise. The Logitech UE 6000 sounds pretty good for a portable closed back headphone, without breaking the bank, and you can use it with or without the active noise cancellation ( I only use it...
If you are plugging in your headphones directly into your computer, possibly your computer's headphone amp is not driving the K550s well. Many computers do not have a decent headphone output, and some soundcards can have a high output impedence, which can affect the headphone frequency response. Try listening to the same tracks on an iPod, for example, and the headphone may sound different.
Sold
Sale pending
As much as I enjoy this portable amplifier, it has too high of a noise floor with my ciems, so it's time for it to find a new home. I purchased it March from eBay, so I am not the original owner. The amp works well either single-ended or balanced, and is in excellent cosmetic condition. I have not found the bass boost to have a dramatic effect with my headphones, but I tend to not listen to bass-heavy music.   The original charger and packaging are included.   Will...
Thanks for sharing. My experience with using the K10s balanced is limited to mostly a portable DAC/amp, not a desktop setup. So far is has been a bit hit or miss with me, in terms of noticing much of a sonic improvement. I briefly tried out my K10s hooked up directly to a Hugo/laptop setup, and was impressed. It would be interesting to try the Hugo again, but in combination with a portable DAC/balanced amp, to see how much a difference it makes.