Posts by Mobiustereo

Hey there T-Bone! Yeah, am looking for the 'usual suspects' in tube reproduction - overall ease of presentation, liquidity, palpable 'you are there' sound stage, etc.  These are all things that I remember back when I use to have a sizeable big-rig with Martin Logan Summits, coupled with a pair of Antique Sound Labs 'Hurricane' mono-blocks, run in 'triode' mode. The spooky in-the-room realism (which of course I know is harder to obtain with headphones) is what I fondly...
Probably a long shot that anyone has listened to both?, but am really torn between these two amps. Both seem to have that purist tube design that I'm after, and are similarly priced. Anyone? Bueller?.... Bueller?... Bueller? Thanks to any and all who might contribute and offer some direction.
Looking for a Dragon Inspire amp in excellent cond. Would be willing to trade my HiFiMan HE1000 v1 if interested. Thanks.
Hello! Does this have XLR out or just 1/4" jack?
Hello! I have a pristine set of the fantastic HE1000's. Always kept in a non-smoking, pet free environment. Have been focusing more monies and time to my home theater system, so just don't listen enough to these. Original owner, have supplied cables, box & case, etc. Headphone stand not included.   I will pay shipping and PayPal at my asking price, which is firm.    Thank you!
Have several cables that I need to sell off.    First, have a (2) Solid Silver (99.999), 7ft. cables from Ela-Audio for HiFiMan HE1000's. Both are terminated with a 4-pin silver pin XLR balanced connectors. One has the 'clear' no sleeve, the other has an orange sleeve/cable. Your choice $145. ea.    Also have;   - 5' Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 for Sennheiser HD800/800s. Also terminated with Neutrik 4-pin XLR. $245. - 5'6" Double Helix Molecule cable with twist ends...
Hello DronEvil! I haven't really tried that many different amps with the HE1000's. Again, I'm still using the Audio GD Master 9 to great effect. I have to confess - it's actually hard for me to detect any real differences when I compare the Little Dot to my Master 9, but the Master 9 has much greater flexibility with a full-function pre-amp, and I do think it slightly edges out the Little Dot in overall transparency. Pretty amazing that the 'Dot' can keep up wit the Master...
Hello! Actually would have some interest, but the shipping cost and logistics involved would be prohibitive. Thanks for the offer.
I have here a pristine 'as new'  Little Dot MKVI+ that has less than 20 hrs. use. The noisy stock fans were replaced with 'whisper quiet' ones, new, right out of the box, as this was something I had read about extensively here at Head-Fi with other users of this pc. I wanted to compare an all tube design to my Audio GD Master 9, but the 9 seems to be a better match to my musical taste, and I need the function of a full pre-amp from the Master 9. There is some external...
Awesome info. - thanks Dave! The transformer hum is only audible 'outside' the transformer covers. Absolutely quiet as a church mouse through my HE-1000's. And yes, I was 'pro-active' and went ahead and replaced the cooling fans with a pair that were suggested in a thread hear at head-fi - can't even hear them at all (actually had to take a peak under the unit to make sure they were even on!). Not nearly broken-in yet and I'm already amazed at what this amp is capable...