Posts by Mobiustereo

Hello there 'Problem'. I ran across this post with your question about CryoSet. I've been purchasing cryo-treated tubes from them for over 15 years. Absolutely TOP NOTCH all the way. Very impressive packaging and quick ship times. I currently own a DNA Sonnett 2 and Cryo-Set treated tubes have definitely taken it up a notch. Also, I recently acquired the excellent PS Audio Perfect Wave DAC Mk II  and the Perfect Transport. This set up with my HD800's (and recently...
  News flash!! Update - after a fair amount of research, I decided to upgrade my digital front-end with the awesome PS Audio PerfectWave MK II DAC. Well well now..., if I can pull myself away from my set up long enough to post this...   Absolutely amazing sound reproduction. This is of course with zero hrs. play-time, and with someone who is a 'newbie' at computer audio. All I can say is that the DNA Sonett 2 is keeping pace with this dramatic upgrade in every way....
I'm not an engineer, but I do recall the plasma tweeter going way back to the mid to late 1970's. There is a new German company called Lansche Audio who makes a speaker with a plasma tweeter (w/o the drawbacks - poisoning, ozone, etc.) that is supposed to be PHENOMENAL. In theory the plasma tweeter should be the perfect transducer as it is essentially 'mass-less'. Now if they could just figure out a way to miniaturize it into a set of headphones...    
OK fellow DNA'rs! Now that I've had time to settle in & give my Sonett some proper break-in...   Well, first along with a greater overall ease of presentation, the mico & macro dynamics have further improved. After listening to this little blue jewel for several weeks now, it leaves me wondering how i could have ever veered away from a good glass amp in the first place. There's just that 'rightness' to the sound, with TONS of air in & around the sound stage - attributes...
"Holy Toledo Batman! What is that I see shining in the distant sky?!"  "It's the 'Sonett 2' bat signal Robin! To the bat cave!"   Well, having just received my very own Sonett 2 (yesterday), and seeing the plight of a withering thread for such a worthy product, I thought I'd add in my two cents so to speak.  Let me start off by saying I'm a long time reader of head-fi and a VERY long time audio-phool who always owned a good set of cans, and always accompanied them with a...
I have to 'echo' Zoom25 and tdogzthmn regarding the lack of a balanced headphone out. Granted, my experience is somewhat limited as a newbie, but I have always heard an improvement (albeit subtle) using a 4-pin balanced out...