Posts by Ndumagr8

Haven't seen the Mad Dogs dB/mW sensitivity specs, but I've read that they are a bit harder to drive than stock. But I think orthodynamics in general do need amping. Maybe you could look at the JDS labs C5, which its output power is almost equal to the O2, so that would be...an iPod > lod (line out dock) > C5 > Mad Dogs or get a better portable source than a laptop like an ODAC and pair that with an O2.   Or get a BSG Cmoy for a more portable solution just like the C5,...
Lol, you'd be extremely lucky to find an X1 used at that price. To help, maybe the L1 is the best cheapest option, I think they are now $150 used and need minimal ampage or used $320 X1. I've seen the L1 spec and its only 105 db/mW sensitivity, so only needs 1.5mW to reach a loud enough volume, so even an E7 is more than enough as its output power is 16mW to 300ohm, so might be a better cheaper option if you don't intend to buy another amp. Though the better for vocals...
Like angels singing all around, just beautiful...listening to 'Marilyn', in the Haunted Man album.  
You forgot the Dr DAC Muses Edition which is a class A amp like the Matrix and with a great headphone stage and the Calyx Coffee though it's only 120 mW should be good for anything under 100ohm impedance except some AKG's and orthos and the Maverick Tubemagic D1...these are the good ones. The HLLY DMK IV doesn't have a good enough headphone output stage from reviews, neither does the Audioengine... There also many Audio gd options, under $300, though you have to factor...
Another song that's on heavy rotation in my playlist... Livvi Franc Featuring Pitbull - Now I'm That Bitch. I'd link to the Youtube vid, but I'm too lazy, I just ate a heavy lunch. It's nice to appreciate all genres and there some gems in Pop music, here and there. But yes, most Pop albums these days are just plain crap.
  My foobar says I've listened to the 'Thinking About You', 140 times over the span of 2months,must be a mistake...really good album, so maybe I have. It's more of a metal pop album, I don't even listen to that kind of poppy metal though, but in this case a few songs are really fun. Anyway back to listening to my Birthday Massacre and Kidneythieves.
I wanted to help, coz I was in the same boat as you...the SRH940's have a reputation for breaking but heard that they were amazing for female vocals. After a bit of research I came up with some unorthodox/underated upgrade options that are good :  Audio Technica A1000x/A2000x : are very picky about how you amp them, though they can be driven straight from an iPod. Not a lot has been written about them other than Currawong's A1000x review and a Headfonia review, and a...
Just wanted to highlight for abit this great bang for buck amp, especially if you'd rather buy it fully built, rather than buying a kit... since it seems getting harder, to the actual website for the amp, it has gotten a bit harder since a few months ago to find especially thru Google (must be an unlikely field of search, since typing 'Project Sunrise' into the search engine leads you to the kit page only on Ebay). So if you want to buy the amp fully built you can get...
People seem to also love their audio-gd Nfb 10se with the LCD2 combo too, over at the Nfb 10 thread. Hear it's more detailed too, than the Lyr with the LCD2.
^ you could also get an Epiphany Acoustics Edac in the UK, which is basically the same as an Odac and save up on shipping, instead of shipping an Odac from the US to Finland. I'm getting a PSII kit, shipped from the US in the nxt 3mnths, since us college guys r perpetually broke, can't buy it right away:-( and also since I've always wanted to try my hands at some DIY. I'm going to get the Edac, since it's really cheap in the here in the UK and upgrade to Buffalo III Dac...