Posts by Arnotts

The X10 was very, very similar in build to the Wyred 4 Sound DAC 2 (which costs about $1,500 and gets reviewed very well) The X12 is an upgrade on the X10. I'm not sure how it compares to anything by AudioGD though, and it'll be hard to get that comparison until more people hear the Gustard products!
Fair enough. It might be expected that a more expensive headphone will just provide an overall increase in sound fidelity. I personally think that an increase in fidelity can only occur by increasing the weak link in your audio chain. Source material (the quality of the recording and the quality of your music files) ----> quality of your DAC -----> quality of your amp ------> quality of your headphones -----> quality of the sound that you hear (there's also the factor of...
 This is totally off-topic, but if your aim is to build muscle or gain strength, doing the first set and avoiding pushing your body is going to do pretty much nothing for you. And in terms of the way you're comparing the prices of headphones, it's also not that simple, imo. Different headphones offer different presentations of music. Some may be straight upgrades compared to other models. Some may just offer different presentations. You also need an audio chain with...
You get a 1 year warranty from Pollychen, I think. You could open the unit up yourself, if you're brave enough. Pollychen is pretty good with communication, talk to him about your potential options. Also, there are a lot of options for connecting your PC to the X12. USB would be my preferred choice, because apparently the USB board in the X12 is very good.
Great thread idea. People that have tried Gustard products seem to be universally impressed - the H10 amp, the X12 DAC and the U12 interface.   I'm currently listening to LCD-2F's through the H10 and it sounds amazing. The punch, bass texture and extension is better than anything I've heard before. It's also so smooth, and vocals sound so intimate.   The X12 will be arriving soon, too. Further impressions will come later!
I've only listened to the LCD-2F's for a few hours through the Gustard H10 (a Chinese amp that is almost identical to the Violectric V200, but, according to some people that have heard both, sounds even better).   They are much better than my HE-400's imo. Everything sounds much more "real", everything sounds more dynamic, natural, weighty and smooth.   I also own Q701's, Pro 900's, MS1's, AD700's, DT880's, Pro 750's, TMA-1 Studio Young Guru's and have owned DT250's....
Will do  Currently using my Q701's and they've never sounded better. It's been about ~18 or so hours of having music playing through the amp now, and I've definitely noticed some sonic changes (whether real or imagined). Unfortunately, I'm recovering from a post-holiday bout of the flu, and my sinuses and ears aren't in the best condition. I can tell everything sounds good right now, but I won't be able to give proper impressions until I feel like my hearing is back to...
Currently burning in the H10 through the M-Stage DAC with various headphones. It sounds full and punchy right now - definitely better than the M-Stage amp - but it's not a huge improvement yet (I've used it for about 13 hours so far).   Also just bought a Gustard X12 with USB from Pollychen0306 for $499.99 USD including shipping :).   Happy listening, gentlemen!
I've been on holiday for a while and my gustard h10 is sitting at home, along with a pair of lcd-2's, both in their packaging. I'm currently contemplating a dac upgrade as well - either the schiit bifrost uber with gen2 USB or the gustard x12. A very hard decision, especially when I'll have a geek pulse in a couple of months, which also has the sabre chip like the x12. It's a shame that gustard products are relatively unknown - hardly anyone has heard them! Edit:...
Hey guys!   Firstly, I'd like to say thanks a LOT to all of you that have contributed to this thread. Everyone that has been a noble guinea pig and has posted their impressions, it's very much appreciated. You guys are actually helping thousands of people that look all across the internet for information regarding the best quality equipment for the price.   I've just sent a message to a seller on AliExpress to see if they're willing to sell a Gustard H10 for $280.50...