Posts by Arnotts

My experience has been the exact opposite. I just recently sold my trusty Xonar Essence STX after purchasing the X12, as the X12 is clearly far better imo. Also I have found that going straight to the USB input on the X12 has given me a more enjoyable experience than introducing the U12 into the audio chain  Just goes to show that auditioning equipment for yourself really is the only way to know if you'll like it or not! Edit: Also, I forgot to say thanks to you, olek, for...
 I think the AWG20 cable is definitely an improvement overall. I had a good listening session last night and felt that soundstage depth and imaging were all excellent. Wonderfully musical. I find detail retrieval to still be excellent, just definitely a little smoother. Personally I would not recommend a cable upgrade unless you're very happy with your amp/DAC and headphones. Once you get everything else in your audio chain sorted, then I would say a cable may be a good...
Not only is this the most positive way of going about things, I also feel like it's the most logical. People who lean too far towards measurements and pure objectivity lose sight of just how subjective our hearing is  Btw, very clever idea by splitting up your cable into a master and slaves. But what if you enjoy the AWG20 so much that you get the itch to upgrade again?! I'm already considering buying the TOTL Forza cable for the X's...
Neutrik 1/4" connector. This is the extended bass AWG20 copper cable from FAW. I did an A/B the other night (not blind... yet) and yes I literally felt that I heard a difference. Bass felt like it had more presence and sub-bass notes were more audible. Sound felt like it had less "edge", it was smoother, but still detailed. Soundstage initially felt like it had a little less depth, but this feels like it's improving with more listening. Whether or not my perception of...
Same here. I can imagine some poor synergy in the audio chain bringing some extra treble sharpness, but I do not experience any. I do not even hear sibilance with my HD800's (unless it is really inherent to the source material). I also think the LCD-X's are the most neutral, natural, true-to-life sounding headphones I've ever heard. To me the X's have excellent detail retrieval, but perform the great balancing act of also being smooth and musical. HD800's are also great,...
LCD-2's are good, but they definitely don't have better bass than the X's!
Please do go into details, Arnold :). I haven't heard the HD800's from anything other than my own gear, so I'm not aware of the shortcomings of the H10 with the HD800's. I think it would be very valuable for the thread if you explain how the other amps perform better to your ears with the Senn's when compared to the H10!
It's an excellent stack for the HD800, for sure. The Gustard gear is good for feeding TOTL headphones at a reasonable price, as many have said. You get the quality of equipment that costs thousands of dollars for much less outlay :).   You can also kind of extrapolate how good the H10 is with headphones by looking at impressions of the Violectric V200. People on page 17 of this thread talk positively about the V200 and HD800...
I'm actually very interested in everyone's input on their cable experiences. I value the opinion of people with Gustard gear in particular :). I'm another one that just recently got an aftermarket cable (an AWG20 copper cable from Forza Audioworks), and I also feel like they've changed how my headphones sound. I've actually been primarily listening to the LCD-2's with the cable, and I've been enjoying the experience very much with the H10 and X12. The whole setup is...
Received the AWG20 Copper HPC MK2 cable (the extra bass one) for the LCD-X's today.   Only listened for about 1-2 hours so far, and I'm liking it a lot :). I definitely feel that the sound from the X's has improved - bass is deeper and has more presence and the sound feels more coherent. I feel that the difference is quite noticeable. I haven't done any A/B testing or anything yet, for all I know this might all be placebo. It doesn't matter to me whether it is or it...