Posts by Arnotts

Thanks :) This thing is criminally under-appreciated around Head-Fi. I might end up doing an in-depth comparison between all of my equipment once the Geek Pulse arrives. 
Just received my M-DAC.   Only been using it for the past 30 minutes or so, but I'm quite impressed.   Wonderful sounding device so far. I'm not sure how many people realise this, but the amp stage is actually incredibly good. Currently listening to LCD-2F's and they are being driven beautifully.   EDIT: Just quickly A/B'd the HD800's between the M-DAC headphone amp and the M-Stage headphone amp and I feel like the M-DAC sounds better. Very, very impressed.
Good, logical post. I think that the HD800's work well with the Gustard gear, but it's a smoother sound. The treble and imaging are very good, but it's not quite as detailed or quite as well separated as other combos that play to the HD800's strengths (namely details, soundstage and imaging). Note that the only other gear I've listened to the HD800's properly on has been the Matrix M-Stage combo, which is said to be very synergistic with the Senn's. The Gustard gear brings...
Batch 2 for Pulses are supposed to be shipping out at the end of Q2 2015. If you ordered in November 2014 then you're definitely in batch 2.
100 pages for the Gustard! Impressive for a company with only word-of-mouth advertising outside of China.
I've had a bit of a revelation since switching around components to different rigs. The Gustard U12 does not play nice with any of my equipment. It's very smooth and musical, but it really does not suit the M-Stage combo and the HD800's imo. I also feel like it smooths over the H10 and X12 too much - I'm quite sure that I prefer the X12 + H10 via USB straight into the X12, instead of adding the U12 into the mix.   First, the H10 is an excellent value for money amplifier...
My experience has been the exact opposite. I just recently sold my trusty Xonar Essence STX after purchasing the X12, as the X12 is clearly far better imo. Also I have found that going straight to the USB input on the X12 has given me a more enjoyable experience than introducing the U12 into the audio chain  Just goes to show that auditioning equipment for yourself really is the only way to know if you'll like it or not! Edit: Also, I forgot to say thanks to you, olek, for...
 I think the AWG20 cable is definitely an improvement overall. I had a good listening session last night and felt that soundstage depth and imaging were all excellent. Wonderfully musical. I find detail retrieval to still be excellent, just definitely a little smoother. Personally I would not recommend a cable upgrade unless you're very happy with your amp/DAC and headphones. Once you get everything else in your audio chain sorted, then I would say a cable may be a good...
Not only is this the most positive way of going about things, I also feel like it's the most logical. People who lean too far towards measurements and pure objectivity lose sight of just how subjective our hearing is  Btw, very clever idea by splitting up your cable into a master and slaves. But what if you enjoy the AWG20 so much that you get the itch to upgrade again?! I'm already considering buying the TOTL Forza cable for the X's...
Neutrik 1/4" connector. This is the extended bass AWG20 copper cable from FAW. I did an A/B the other night (not blind... yet) and yes I literally felt that I heard a difference. Bass felt like it had more presence and sub-bass notes were more audible. Sound felt like it had less "edge", it was smoother, but still detailed. Soundstage initially felt like it had a little less depth, but this feels like it's improving with more listening. Whether or not my perception of...