or Connect

Posts by Arnotts

The holographic effect refers to a 3D sound stage - width, depth and height. You most certainly can achieve this with solid state amps. One of the usual strengths of the LCD-X's over similar headphones is its excellent sound stage depth. If you aren't hearing this from your solid state amp but you can hear it with tubes, I'd say that your SS amp doesn't pair well with the X's in that regard. One of my absolute favourite audio chains was the LCD-X's being driven balanced...
I've been using Sonarworks for my HD800's and EVE SC205 monitors (along with acoustic treatment) for a while now. Absolutely phenomenal for the improvement it provides. I'm actually strongly considering sending my HD800's in for individual calibration to try and ensure they're as neutral as possible!
My favourite headphones on the planet, the Paradox Slant.   And I own and have owned quite a few different models!
In excellent condition. Still has the plastic over the LED screen. Sounds absolutely phenomenal - the best all-in-one unit I've ever used. It has amazing versatility and close to top-of-the-line sound for a mid-fi price. It comes loaded with the latest and greatest firmware from the creator, John Westlake.   Comes with a free adapter from Forza Audioworks that lets you connect any balanced 4 pin male XLR cable to the rear XLR outputs for increased power.    Price does...
Of course it is. ...but maybe not. You might be disappointed. ...but maybe not. (i.e. there's no right or wrong answer. You legitimately aren't going to get much more helpful information. The Rag + Yggy are the highest end models in Schiit's line up - they're better. How much better? Schiit themselves won't even tell you. Listen for yourself, that's all you can do).
Thanks, man :)
Upgrade your headphones and your DAC first. When you listen to your headphones, you're listening through an audio chain. Any weak links will be a bottleneck. There's no point having such a high end amplifier if your DAC and headphones are bottlenecks.
That's a great plan, man. Sell the HE400i's, mod your HD650's and EQ/mod the HD800's. And either stick with LISST if you want neutral tonality, or get some NOS tubes to maximize the pleasure listening experience. Then that's it, leave Head-Fi and enjoy the audio.
In excellent condition. Still has the plastic over the LED screen. Sounds absolutely phenomenal - the best all-in-one unit I've ever used. It has amazing versatility and close to top-of-the-line sound for a mid-fi price. It comes loaded with the latest and greatest firmware from the creator, John Westlake.   Comes with a free adapter from Forza Audioworks that lets you connect any balanced 4 pin male XLR cable to the rear XLR outputs for increased power.    Price does...
Price does not include shipping. I'll cover Paypal fees. If you're interested, send me a PM with your country/post code and I can update you on the total price.   I will ignore low-ball offers.   Comes with 2x Genalex Gold Lion 6922 E88CC tubes (which cost me $131 for both) in addition to the stock tubes.   This is the 230V unit.   Purchased from Addicted to Audio on July 3rd, 2015.    Amazing sound with higher impedance headphones. The only reason I'm selling is...