or Connect

Posts by Yoga

If you don't use Sonarworks Reference 3, you should. I don't say that lightly either, I found the HD800 awful before using it. Addresses all the HD800 issues and transforms them. You can also dial in the % of the adjustment to your liking.
Just spoken to local dealer, Utopia's on order for demo. Marvellous :¬) Anyone used the Phonitor 2 amp? Looks quite special.
Always the best way :¬)  Yes it makes sense to audition the LCD4 at the same time. I shall await your thoughts. Would you be so kind as to tag me when you share them? Not so active on here at the moment due to work and I'd hate to miss it!
@bigfatpaulie  - impressions bro? :D
Paulie - damnit! 'Complimentary' makes my trigger finger itchy. Ho hum. Thankfully a (very) local dealer will have them soon. 
Look forward to your impressions, tempted to get these myself :¬)
Yeah mix to taste.   Having said that, an EQ does not change the empirical soundstage capabilities of the headphone. That's transducer based.   As others have said, fuller mids, higher bass and lowered peak treble will make it seem that way. Although it's actually the same :¬)   Perception, and all that.
It's the opposite with the HD800; SW R3 gives them a fuller, more natural sound. Saying that, if you like Grado's, you'd probably prefer the brighter (thinner, compared to the EQ'ed version) stock HD800 sound.
 Yes I noticed that too (I want another for my headphone rig). Well spotted, I was set the wrong model. Need to contact the seller and get it changed. Not sure of the other features of the RL would me a difference.
 Will do :¬)  I've not decided that yet - when I do I'll get them sent off.