Posts by bigshot

Listened to this one last night...     Elton John: Honky Chateau SACD   Everything I said about Goodbye Yellow Brick Road goes double for this album. This one is even better sounding. The reason is that the production is more straightforward... not as much doubling and tripling of vocals. Basic arrangements focusing on the piano and rhythm section. The lifelike presence and soundstage on this is phenomenal. It's like Elton John sitting at the piano right in front of...
I buy music, not file formats.
Remastering > hires
Didn't they just remaster Venus and Mars? I like the russian album the best.
Sorry! I zoned out... That is the Osborne Bros, not the Stanley Bros... Here is the DVD that is excerpted from.   http://www.amazon.com/Bluegrass-Country-Soul-Albert-Ihde/dp/B000GDI2KG/   But there is a great set of DVDs of the Stanley's 1960s TV show too.
Which Karajan? There are several. I like EMI, 60s and digital in that order.
Another Multichannel SACD that hits it out of the park...     Steely Dan: Gaucho SACD   I knew this one would be good... I remember when the LP came out. They charged an extra dollar for it because they had spent so much on engineering and high quality pressings, the record label needed to up the retail price. But it was and still is worth it.   This is just about the most perfect sounding recording I own. The bass is full and defined. The vocals are natural...
 I have nothing against people who just don't know something and might be genuinely interested in finding out. I'm happy to share with people like that, and in fact, that is exactly why I'm here. But that kind of person can be the exception around here, not the rule. Too many audiophiles who wander into our forum stick to their predetermined conclusions like glue and grab at straws for justifications of their misconceptions, instead of trying to figure out how sound...
 P.T. Barnum had a quote that related to that I think....
I've noticed a trend. When people can't argue their point any more because the facts clearly don't back it up, they shift to arguing about the technicalities of testing procedures. When that doesn't go their way, they graduate to arguing that science doesn't know anything.