Posts by Cajunky

My new JVC FXC51 ($25) have actually got me into vocal trance mixes. They might not be as smooth as my FX67 but I love their energy with this music especially. My IEM experience is limited, so take this with a grain of salt but I am shocked that I am this pleased with these IEMs. I wish someone with more experience would buy these and review them.
FXC51 perhaps?  I thought I saw you mention them a few pages back. I picked up a pair of these and my fx67 were handed down to my wife. I always though that I preferred a more laid back signature but between these FXC51s and my FA-011s I am starting to appreciate a brighter more upfront sound. The music just seems to come to life. If it isn't the FXC51s then I am very interested. Do you have any plans to review your new replacement? Thanks again for turning me onto these...
    Exactly. Results seem to vary depending on the phones. On some of my headphones it reduces the treble a bit. With others it seems to bring the midrange forward. I mainly use it on low impedance IEMs to reduce hiss or when listening to lower quality/poorly recorded tracks where the highs/sibilance is an issue. I believe only difference between the Ety ER-4P/S is one of these adapters. I understand these where designed with these in mind but some IEMs I have heard have...
I have an option for those who find the FA-011s too bright or sibilant with certain recordings. Adding a $10 75-ohm impedance adapter tames the highs a bit and minimizes the sibilance. The brightness is more of an issue with my CMOY BB than the headphone out of my Marantz CD Player so I would say that the amp does make a big difference.   I also received a pair of the new metal gold bands. They are more sturdy by an order of magnitude but less shiny. The graphics are...
FYI on post #672 I mentioned that the original metal bands were snapped by my son by pushing on them. On post #703 Fischer Audio said that the metal bands had been an issue but a new metal band was under development. The originals were fine and I would have been perfectly happy with replacements but if they are going to upgrade the quality then I can't complain. The original bands, short of someone trying to break them (i.e. my son), should have been sturdy enough....
My FA-011s came with the foam intact and I cut the holes myself... not too pretty. I do notice a difference for the better, as if a layer of foam was removed between my ears and the music.... To cut the holes I removed pads, then the foam and then stuffed them back under the pads. After a night of listening I decided to try and remove the foam completely. I can't really tell but I think my ears don't even touch the plastic. As far as comfort goes these are really starting...
Back in my day it took a couple days short of 2 months to get a pair of FA-011s.     Regarding ordering issues, I had some trouble ordering with my debit card due my bank blocking overseas transactions. It took 3 phone calls and removing the fraud protection for 24 hours to get it done. They told me next time to call a day ahead and they would lift the security ahead of time.   Also, got an email from Dmitry from GD-Audiobase verifying that the new metal bands...
Thanks for the information regarding the gold bands. I sent an email to GD-Audiobase requesting the new metal bands.     
Sorry guys... premature judgement on the bass output through the CMOY BB. I decided to let them burn in for another 24 hours ( I am at about 75 total) and I have to say that these have some amazing bass (without bass boost). I am going to reserve any additional comment until I get a good 150-200 hours on these cans. I might still look into a desktop amp... E9 or maybe a Schitt or Little Dot but for now my current setup is great. Ignorance is truly bliss and then the...
After wearing mine for a 1-2 hours for a couple nights I noticed that my ears would get a little sore. When the headphones were at rest the cups were almost touching due to the tension of the top wire bands. I decided to bend the two wire bands out to relieve some of the pressure. I flattened the arc of the wire bands so they didn't come to as much of a peak. Now at rest the head strap is almost horizontal and these are very comfortable.   Is anyone getting good bass...