Posts by Cajunky

Ordered from Penon Audio. I could never get the tracking number to work. It took 7 days to arrive here in Nebraska. I'll take it!   The largest stock tips would not seal well I had no isolation. Ended up using some of the wide bore JVC tips from the FX40, FX101 or FX1X1... not sure which... They seem a bit warm with these tips but it is enjoyable.  Bass is actually great for me. Deep, but not overbearing. Tried the Bass Boost with my CMOY BB and it was very impressive...
I think they are far from a one-trick pony.   I bought these cans to use at work as all-arounders and they are filling that roll nicely. I appreciate how much the rich low end fills out a lot of the music I listen to without stepping on the mids. At work I probably only listen to 25% Electronic and the rest ranges from Female Vocals to Jazz. I also appreciate that the highs are a bit forgiving because I am sensitive to sibilance and excessive brightness. They are not...
Wow. Great looking design and an innovative system for modding. It looks perfect for pulling every bit of potential out of those drivers. I am glad those T20v2 drivers have found a home. The headphones sat on a shelf at in the recording studio at my old employer for countless (20+?) years before I bought them. The mids were always amazing but I could never manage to get appreciable bass quantities from my mods so I bought some T50rps and modded them to DBV #3 specs and I...
I got the WS99s on Monday. I haven't worn them for more than 2 hours at time and at that point I begin to feel some pressure on my ears. Mind you, my ears are on the larger side so i do end up shoehorning them in the the cup a bit. I seem to notice it a bit less every day, so I will need to update in a week or so. As it has been said before the Hifiman Velours are too big as well as the FA-011 velours.   With probably 15 hours on them, I would call the sound...
Mine won't be here until Monday. Is it possible to extend the headband completely and slightly bend the metal to lessen the clamping pressure? I know my FA-011s have shallow pads and I they hurt my ears after 30 min. I know they are a different design but after I bent the metal loops they were much more comfortable.
Some of my sources don't have adequate EQ (CD Player, Pandora, Soundcloud)
Has anyone tried the WS99 with the hifiman pads? I have some arriving tomorrow and I have a pair of the velours. I imagine if they would even fit they might jack with the sound. I will try and report back.
I can't listen to my FA-011 anymore without an impedance adapter. I have bought 3 off ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/271187691903 It takes the edge off the highs. My ears are sensitive to excessive (IMO) highs. BTW I have the original dark red ones with the coiled cable.
Translated with Google Translate: The the official solemn statement VSONIC acoustic and Japan no longer have any relationship Date :2012-9-15 Read: 2463 Official solemn statement Weisuonike Co., Ltd. Overseas Chinese in Japan founded in Japan in 1980, our wholly owned by Chinese in Japan (there is no participation of Japan). Of the recent extremely outrageous acts of Japan, VSONIC acoustic company with Japan has cut off all relations, now named China VSONIC Acoustics Co.,...
This, I assume?http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/24/world/asia/japanese-and-chinese-boats-converge-on-contested-islands.html?_r=0 Now everyone wrap yourselves in the flag (or headphones) of your choice.