Posts by Luminareo

I have never even heard of most of these programs!  That's quite a list, one and a half.  So many to look into.  Tentatively, however... it looks like there are still none that do much in the way of auto playlists.  I am disappoint...    I'll admit that I hadn't even considered that the program playing the file could have an effect on sound quality.  But then, my ear may not be tuned finely enough to recognize those mathematical errors.  For me, the right song coming...
Because there isn't a pair of headphones in the world that will organize your songs for you.   So what do you use for that?  I assume most of you use digital means for that; though perhaps not.  A select few might prefer vinyl, or perhaps they just won't trust a PC with their CDs.  To each his own.  For me, the advantages of digital storage, organization and playback are just too great.     Currently, I use iTunes for this.  This is solely because of smart...
Thank you both for your insight.   I obviously don't have a very good grasp on amps.  So the headphone impedance should be eight times the impedance of the amp, eh?  Is that the general rule?  How much wiggle room is there?  Is there perhaps a guide somewhere on this?     It's true that I am "jumping the gun" a bit in looking for an amp while I look for an audio interface.  That is just because I see the potential to combine the purchase (get an interface that...
Amping (or the lack thereof) was a big reason that I decided on the Senn 598s.  Go much higher on the price point ladder, and the headphones start asking me to shell out for a pricy amp.  For this reason, I see the 598s as the "sweet spot".  Still, it would be hard to find an audiophile that believes my headphones wouldn't prefer an amp.  So I'd like to buy a cheap one that can sit on my desk.   But my desktop has another shiny metal box incoming: I intend to...
Looking for some open headphones around $200.  I prioritize soundstage and neutrality.  I currently have no amp, but that may be a future purchase.  I like lots of music, but mostly classical and indie-rock.  The headphones I have been looking at are the Sennheiser HD 558, the 598s, the AKG 701.  I've decided against the Audio Technica AD900 because of the headband.  Any other appropriate headphones in this range?  Or is there a preference between the ones I listed?  
That's a big ouch on the Audio-Technica AD900s.  I looked up the reviews, and it seemed like exactly what I was looking for: like my AD700s, but better!  Problem is, they come with the same drawback; the headband.  Very comfy.  Also only for bald people and shut-ins.  It's like a permanent bad hair day.  That's why I'm moving on from my AD700s as it is.   I'll check out the 558s though; they seem nice.  The 598s seem even sexier, though... I can see how it's easy to...
Hello!  I am looking to replace / upgrade from my old Audio-Technica AD700s.  I enjoyed them quite a bit, but it's time for new ones.  I'm going to do my homework here, so feel free to suggest as many appropriate pairs of headphones as there are.   I want open headphones; leakage in or out does not bother me.  Properties that I prioritize are soundstage and neutrality.  My favourite music is of the classical variety, but I listen to a decent range of genres (some...
I bought my pair of Audio-Technica ATH-AD700s about a year ago.  They were my first pair of "good" headphones, and I love them.  With one small, frivilous exception.  They mess my hair up.  I don't know if it's because of the length or type of my hair, or if other people have this problem, but it bothers me.  Now, that sounds like the girliest, most insubstantial, least important objection.  But hear me out.   If you take a look at a pair of these headphones, you...
Would it be premature to say that I love you, headphones?  I know I'm not your usual type of guy... not a music junkie by any means.  But baby, we can still make it work.  We can watch movies together, and... you know how much I like to play games.  If you want, we could try to start a classical music library together.  Maybe you could listen to me play the keyboard sometime, or we could get into sound effects for the apps I want to make?  With speakers, everything...