Posts by GeneralSmirnoff

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I recabled them :P I got 25 feel of 24awg stranded silver plated copper and braided them. i them covered the 3 braided wires with teflex and slapped a neutrik plug on it. I used the same hole. All I did was enlarge it with an old soldering iron and I was good to go! However the microphonics are terrible and the chord is actually pretty thick and annoying since its not as flexible. I wish the chord was something similar to that on my gaming...
the Merlins seem to be exactly what I'm looking for, Thanks!
  My Etymotic HF3's after a nice soapy bath. As you can see, the lint from the toilet paper got stuck to the Shure Olives and makes them look dirty :( BTW the scratches on the screen are all from the screen protector. I'm too afraid of scratching the glass on the iPad even though I've heard its pretty hard to scratch it. The Case is the Otterbox Defender Series for iPad.   FLAC/Music Player>Golden Ears App>iPad>Etymotic HF3's
Does anybody know any good custom headphones that are aimed towards good high quality bass? I'm not looking for perfect sound replication that is needed for studio use but to enjoy my favorite dubstep and progressive house tracks. Why customs? I always wanted a pair of custom headphones for their fit, isolation, and unique design. I don't have a budget since these headphones will be something I will be saving up for but if like there was one pair that was $500 and...
My HD 428's significantly improve with an amp; my amp is a Cmoy that I built by myself. If you like soldering, I'd recommend you get a Cmoy kit off online or you can even go a more hardcore route and make one off a parts list and a pref board. I really like my Cmoy BTW
Yeah. I highly recommend you do it, and if you mess up by any chance refurbished HD 428's go for around $30. I got mine refurbished and with the cheap but effective mods, they are an amazing bang for the buck, I just wish the build quality was slightly better :/
Nice review! I also love my HD 428's but my 428's are modded. For one thing, I took cotton from a cotton ball and put it under each ear cup so my ears rest father from the driver. this partially increased isolation and added more space to my music, things felt more spread apart. The second mod that I did was I took apart the headphones and modded the 3 ventilation holes for the drivers by taking off the mesh and leaving it only covering 1 hole, covered 1 with tape and one...
I also notices a difference in bass when going from the triple-flanged rubber tips the Shure olives! While it still doesn't have the bass quantity I'd like when listening to dubstep or some progressive house, its enough for me to stop carrying my Klipcsh S4's with me alongside with my HF3's.
Get the Etymotic HF3's which is what I have, they're HF5's but with a remote on it and with a high quality mic (High quality because the sound recording is noticeably better over the stock apple headphones and another pair that I tested). If your not looking for bass, the Ety's are the ones you need. The isolation on them is also just WONDERFUL! I strongly recommend you get a pair of shure olives (Foam tips used by Shure) as they noticeably improve the bass and isolation...
bump?