Posts by TSIG

Awesome.  Sounds like I've found my rig!  Thanks everyone.  Any RCA cables I should use in specific? 
Ah bummer, I blew it.  Would have loved to attend.
Thanks for the reply.  Alright, looks like I'll pick up the Speedball upgrade and ditch the power cord idea.  Any good DAC ideas?
Yeah, it comes with Kleer. :)
Hi everyone,   So I got a pretty good deal on a pair of refurbished HD 650 this week and picked them up for $280.  I got them today, and love them, but I feel like my HiFiMAN EF2A is the weak part of my setup.  It makes the 650 sound nice, but not even close to as good as I know the 650 are capable of (not to mention it's pretty noisy/hissy).  I talked to Mike of Headfonia, Austin Morrow, and a couple of other head-fiers, and the general consensus is that the...
I'm selling a pair of Sleek Audio CT7.  It is a fantastic IEM that I love, but am looking to buy an Botlehead Crack to power my new HD 650, so these are up for sale.  My price point is pretty firm, but I may be willing to fluctuate slightly depending on the circumstances and offer price.  Let me know if you're interested.  I needn't explain the product.  You can read the excellent reviews online.  They'll need to be remolded to your ears which is about $80-$110 depending...
You know, this is a good question, because other than my IEMs, the M50/S really is my go to headphone when I need to be portable.  I take that around the city, and in the car, and all the places I can't have a full rig.  I can honestly say, that through the Zune HD which I use for portable listening, I prefer the HE-300 to the M50.  They are so efficient, and there are some really great things the HE-300 does significantly better, such as soundstage, instrument...
You would be amazed (as I was) how easily these are powered.  They are certainly more efficient than any HiFiMan headphone until now, but even some very competing and similar headphones such as the K 702, HD600, and dare I say the ATH-M50 (albeit a closed back).  When I played from my Zune HD, the cans were brilliant.  No amping was required.  On my iPhone, it was close, but needed a little bit more power.  With the FiiO E7, the problem on the iPhone was solved...
Alright, so I know initial impressions are somewhat stupid as burn-in will certainly change the sound.  Fang told me to put 60 hours min. on them before I did my final review.  So far I only have about 4 hours on them, but already, I have some very positive things to say.     Look and Build:   The build and look of the HE-300 is nice.  I know a few weren't a fan of the change from the line's use of metallic grey to the silver, but I think it's very easy on the...
Thanks for viewing this classified.   I am selling my HiFiMan HE-500 simply because I'm looking to venture into other audio equipment, and as much as I hate to part ways with these, I am also happy that someone else can start to enjoy using them as much as I have.  They have been used heavily, but are still in pristine condition.  They have about 700 hours of listening time which is nice, because they required about 400 hours burn in time (not even kidding.  It's...