Posts by TSIG

My experience with their customer service (on a faulty EF2A and a problematic HE-300 cable) has been nothing but fantastic.  Their NY-based workshop has a quick turnaround too.
    The similarities are few.  They have the same prominence in the low end wherein it can be powerful, but is never overbearing to interfere with the lower mids.  It is a warm headphone by nature, but after a few dozen hours of burn-in it seems to improve.  Upper mids are unfortunately not as forward as the DJ 100, but they're not far off, and I love the power in the highs—it's amongst the most pleasant high end I've ever heard on headphones even twice the price as...
  Can't decide if you're being facetious or not.  :)   One other thing, and I know it's ridiculous: looks.  I know none of us really care what our gear looks like, but for low-level consumers trying to spend less and get (much) more by avoiding wretched Beats by Dre, they often select headphones that may be inferior just because they look cool.  So I have to consider this when publishing a review, and the Uptown do look mighty nice if I do say so myself.  Sound is always...
    This is not at all why that section is left blank.  Headphone Mecca is designed for headphone buyers trying to move up from Apple earbuds, cheap Skullcandy buds, or Beats by Dre—not an audiophile.  People who come to this Web site just want a good pair of headphones to use with the source they already have such as an iPod.  The headphones I recommend on Headphone Mecca are all ones that are easily driven by a low powered portable source like an iPhone.  The reason the...
Hi there, I'm the guy in the video proclaiming the Uptown's greatness, and I'd like to clarify what I mean on Head-Fi as the audience I reach on YouTube is much more broad and not as knowledgeable. These are not the best headphones under $200. When compared against the DT770 PRO amongst others, the Uptown are put to shame; however, 99.9% of my audience doesn't have the proper equipment to power a less efficient headphone. Nearly all of them are playing their music through...
I figured it out and I cannot believe it was the issue—one of the tubes in my WA6 had gone bad since I had listened to it on my digital setup yesterday.  Switch the tubes out with a new matched set, and voila!  Everything began to work as it should've.  :)
Hi there,   Last week, I ordered a Pro-Ject Debut III turntable off of Amazon, and I can't get things to pan out for the life of me.  The turntable doesn't have a pre-amp, so it's going RCA out into an Art Phono Preamp and going out of that into my Woo WA6.  When I play the table, the quality of the vinyl sounds incredibly compressed like garbage, and only comes through the left ear.  Am I doing something wrong, or is this table broken?   Any help would be highly...
This decent? 
Yeah, I would consider it if the price were right.  PM me.  
Wow, you two did great work!  Excited to see mine come through.  Again, any RCA cables I should look for in particular? I'm thinking the Moon-Audio Cardas Crosslink Custom, but if you can talk me out of it, go right ahead!    I know that a $90 cable isn't that big of a deal when it comes down to it, but since I'm using a stock 650 cable, do you think the Cardas is overkill?  I mean, from USB on my Mac using Fidelia.app to a relatively inexpensive DAC to a $300 amp,...