or Connect

Posts by TSIG

These are my Denon D5000 that I purchased on February 29, 2012. These headphones are rare and incredibly hard to find. When they do go on sale, they’re expensive. The average sale price on eBay is $560. This is a closed-back can that sounds superb. These cans have the hard-to-do but highly praised Markl mod. Isolation, blackness, and low-end bass response are incredible. Can be easily powered by a smartphone? Yes. Box included? No. Detachable cable? No. Driver Type:...
These are my MrSpeakers Alpha Dog headphones which I received a few months ago. The headphones are $600 new. These headphones are the comfiest cans I’ve ever used. Not even kidding. They’re like pillows on your ears. They are a Fostex T50RP mod that sound unreal—considering that the headphones are using cheaper drivers. The cups are 3D printed and wonderfully ported to provide a nice closed sound. These things have serious bass and would be good for any...
These are my Sennheiser HD650 that I purchased on February 1, 2012. The headphones are $500 new and $449 on Amazon. These are amongst my favorite headphones ever. This full-size open-back reference can delivers silky smooth, accurate sound with a laid-back, mellow tonal delivery. The HD650 is a gorgeous can for acoustic music of all kinds and for listeners seeking warm, richly rendered detail without brightness or glare. Can be easily powered by a smartphone? No. Box...
These are my Beyerdynamic DT 990 Audiophile Edition (600 ohms) that I purchased on March 28, 2012. These are unique headphones—they have a very V-Shape frequency response. A lot of bass, a lot of highs, lack of emphasis on the mids. Read reviews before you buy. A lot of people hate these headphones and a ton of people love them. I’m of the latter category and have found it a hugely satisfying experience to own the DT 990. Can be easily powered by a smartphone? Absolutely...
These are my HiFiMAN HE-400 headphones that I acquired a few months ago. These headphones are loved and hated by many. The primary reason that they are bashed is because of their ear pads. The stock pads suck. They tamper with the sound and get hot/itchy. The newly released HE-400i change this. Needless to say the HE-400i are some of the most highly praised headphones around $500. But they’re $500. I’ve put the HE-400i pads ($45) on the HE-400 and while they don’t compare...
 Welcome to Head-Fi! I have to agree with you. The desktop clients (Mac too) are both really subpar. I've been using the Chrome web-app, but it's really not the same as a native app. I always accidentally quit my browser, etc., etc. I ended up making little "web-apps" for Chrome on my Mac that work nicely. Sadly, that cannot really be done on Windows. I think they need more conditional logic discovery methods rather than only hand-curated playlists. Rdio is remarkable at...
Sold.
Add my review to the mix!  
Add another WA7 review to the mix!  
Looking for a slightly newish Resonessence Labs Concero HD that someone is looking to turn over. DM. Willing to negotiate on price.