Posts by Assimilator702

One more thing Jaqueh......you can't use BLACK Metal to test any type of audio gear.....I listen to some Black Metal but not as often as I'd like due to the deliberatly harsh recordings.   If I have to listen to BM I would purposely use an earphone with a dark sound signature to offset the harshness.   You do realize Black Metal is Norways version of a garage band sound and purposely use a cold and stark sound thats unpleasant to portray the coldness and...
  You can't use a low bitrate source as a speaker test.   I COMPLETELY disagree with all your criticisms of the CKM50.....I love them just as many others do.   They are easily an $80 iem......all.... day.... long.  
Since hindsight is always 20/20....if you continue to use heat to dry your cables I would suggest periodically treating the plastic bits with a good quality rubber/plastic conditioner like Lexol.   The key point is you need to replace the oils that are drying out.....plastic/rubber after all is just a bunch of brittle bits without that oil/petroleum base has   I found Lexol to be very high quality and doesn't suffer any build up issues.   I've been using it...
  You nailed it....too many descriptives thrown around by what I'm willing to bet are people that don't know the slightest about a recording studio and what goies into any type of recording or what an exciting live performance is all about.   But yet they tell others what gear is accurate....natural....neutral.   Without knowing what the master tapes sound like no one can say any given recording is being reproduced better by headphone A vs headphone B.   But I guess...
If you have a Big Lots store around you the Sony MDR-EX35 are $15.....$20 at Best Buy and around $15 at Amazon.....I lucked out and got several pairs for dirt cheap.   Get a pair of MEE M6 for the tips and case and of course the iem is very good for the price and perfect for the gym....also look into the Soundmagic PL30 and E30 which are both over the ear designs and good for the gym and get good reviews.   Trust me bro.....you'll want a few pairs once you get a...
I have to suggest the Audio Technica CKM50.   For some reason they get no love around here....but if you can find them for $35 they're tough to beat.   The cord is short but sound signature is clean.....plenty of bass for any genre and very nice mids and highs that aren't obscured.   As described in the bigethread going on right now thats easy to find....it's like having an Audio Technica Art monitor shrunk down.....I have an ATH-A700 and the CKM50 is very...
Your best bet is to buy a few pairs of MEE iem's since you'll get a nice assortment of tips and a nice zipper case....and it's the most cost effective way to get extra tips.   Also buy a few pairs of cheap SONY iem's that come with the HYbrid tips.   Between having 3 pars of MEE iem's and a few pairs of Hybrids I have everything I need to fit any iem into my ears....and I have some quirky fitament issues with my right ear.
While the cord is an issue they sound so good....I can overlook it.   If you can wear your MP3 player on your arm or up high anywhere above your belt the cord length is perfect.....and I'm sure the Japanese engineers had this in mind when designing it.   I only wear the CKM50 at my desk so it's not an issue.   I'm willing to try any iem mentioned in this thread since I'm always looking for an impressive iem for a good deal...... but I doubt any of them can even  touch the...
  I can vouch for these.....AWESOME iem.....check my avatar for how much I love these iem's.   I've had mine for 1 week now and they're absolutely my favorite iem and I like them better than some of my full size cans for certain music.   You'll be blown away going from the M9 to the CKM50.   The M9 is barely listenable to me on Rock, Metal and Jazz or anything with vocals....I have to EQ the crap out of them to reduce the upper mid to lower treble peak plus the midbass...
  So does this means you're unloading all your CKM50's?