Posts by Assimilator702

If you have a Big Lots store around you the Sony MDR-EX35 are $15.....$20 at Best Buy and around $15 at Amazon.....I lucked out and got several pairs for dirt cheap.   Get a pair of MEE M6 for the tips and case and of course the iem is very good for the price and perfect for the gym....also look into the Soundmagic PL30 and E30 which are both over the ear designs and good for the gym and get good reviews.   Trust me bro.....you'll want a few pairs once you get a...
I have to suggest the Audio Technica CKM50.   For some reason they get no love around here....but if you can find them for $35 they're tough to beat.   The cord is short but sound signature is clean.....plenty of bass for any genre and very nice mids and highs that aren't obscured.   As described in the bigethread going on right now thats easy to find....it's like having an Audio Technica Art monitor shrunk down.....I have an ATH-A700 and the CKM50 is very...
Your best bet is to buy a few pairs of MEE iem's since you'll get a nice assortment of tips and a nice zipper case....and it's the most cost effective way to get extra tips.   Also buy a few pairs of cheap SONY iem's that come with the HYbrid tips.   Between having 3 pars of MEE iem's and a few pairs of Hybrids I have everything I need to fit any iem into my ears....and I have some quirky fitament issues with my right ear.
While the cord is an issue they sound so good....I can overlook it.   If you can wear your MP3 player on your arm or up high anywhere above your belt the cord length is perfect.....and I'm sure the Japanese engineers had this in mind when designing it.   I only wear the CKM50 at my desk so it's not an issue.   I'm willing to try any iem mentioned in this thread since I'm always looking for an impressive iem for a good deal...... but I doubt any of them can even  touch the...
  I can vouch for these.....AWESOME iem.....check my avatar for how much I love these iem's.   I've had mine for 1 week now and they're absolutely my favorite iem and I like them better than some of my full size cans for certain music.   You'll be blown away going from the M9 to the CKM50.   The M9 is barely listenable to me on Rock, Metal and Jazz or anything with vocals....I have to EQ the crap out of them to reduce the upper mid to lower treble peak plus the midbass...
  So does this means you're unloading all your CKM50's?  
What are you making noise baffles /acoustic tiles you hang on the wall?   I couldn't live with all that itch floating around me.
Good idea with the spring clamps.   If any of you guys have an Odd Lot store in your area they sell a 16 pack of those spring clamps in 4 sizes for $6.50. They're either labeled as Olympia Tools or another brand.   You get 2 extra large clamps, 2 large, 2 medium, 4 small, 6 mini.   Thats 4 clamps you can use for stands and a bunch left over....for $6.50.   Kylerk.......I found that hanging the ART series Audio Technica cans from the wires is not a good idea.   I have a...
While the cable is too short....the length with the extension is fine.   I don't find them to be over bassy.....a different tip will reduce the bass so I really believe the bass response is very related and dependent on the tips used.
I haven't found them to get confused at all with busier tracks.   What tracks in particular are you referring to?   And what is your reference iem/can?