Posts by Assimilator702

The mark of most budget gems.
Heres an idea....sacrifice a pair of Thermaltakes and pair of CK99's and open the housings up to ID the drivers.   While that might be costly you very well could verify if they indeed are the same drivers.
One more thing to add.....many  people that go out will go to a club Thurs, Fri and Sat night and of course wear no protection if they're in a dance club.....so I notice those people actually have worse damage than people that are musicians like myself.  
    I've been going to Metal concerts for the past 25 years....more so 10 years ago.   Most of the concerts I used hearing protection....but the first 4 or 5 years I used no protection.   I also play drums and much of my earlier days practicing I never wore earplugs.   Lately I use them 90% of the time when playing drums and I actually can't enjoy any live shows without protection since my hearing is still so good.   I can be watching the TV and hear people whispering...
    Post this in the portable section.
If you're getting them for $50 and no shipping hassle than it's worth it since they are a very nice pair of headphones.   I guess I'm budget minded to the point that spending $20 for extra pads on a $35 headphone just doesn't make any sense when the stock pads are excellent.   I'd rather get just something else like another pair of iem's and not have a pair of pads thrown into a drawer and not getting used for anything other than taking up space.
I have no problems with the stock pads.   Once you spend an extra $20 the low price of the headphones goes up.   At that point you're better off getting something else in a higher price bracket.  
  I was referring to the HTF600....I think my drivers could be giving out. Anything with heavy computer synthesized bass bottoms the drivers out.   The HARX700 are more laid back and closer to a balanced signature and lack the lushness in the uppermidbass/lower mids of the HTF600.   With the HARX700 nothing sticks out in the frequency range or is over represented....much more neutral and laid back.   Sometimes I prefer the HARX700....but the midbass/lower midrange isn't...
I have them both.   The HTF600 are a bit more engaging. The mids are more forward....highs a bit crisper.....bass a touch more enhanced.   The HTF600 is not fast paced....it's more warm and mellow.   I would describe the HARX700 as a more balanced can. Not as much fun but still a nice can.   It also depends on your source. I can plug the HARX700 into my big rig and get ehhh sound.....vocals are recessed....bass impact is low.....highs aren't very defined   Plug them into...
Yep....and I don't know maybe it's just me....but to spend $100 on a set of pads....I'd rather either save the money or buy something else.   Maybe it's also the fact that I have alot of leather laying around the house.....several types of foam ....some thread......and some heavy duty leather sewing needles....and the simple fact that I pride myself in learning how to master a new fabrication skill.