Posts by WoahReQQuiem

IE 80 vs RE 262?
That I wouldn't really like. If I find a RadioShack store here in Dubai, I'll definitely try the Auvio (?) tips.
    I use the medium stock biflanges. They're comfortable, they have the best bass quantity but not the best tone (drums sound darker). Also, I think that I have a decent seal, but I believe that I can do better.
  1. Are you familiar with SACD? DSD? Yes.   2. Do you own any SACDs?  No. Mainly because of the price and the fact that I don't own a SACD player.   3. If so, what percentage of your collection is SACD vs CD or files? All are in 320 kbps MP3 / FLAC / WAV / AIFF. Although I do have SACD ripped FLAC files.   4. Is SACD/DSD decoding an important consideration when you're looking for a DAC? As of now, no. But as I grow older, and I get income,  I would...
    Hmm, so it is the recording. What's the difference of using the iPhone vs the DACport LX + O2? What bugs me is that, with the DT770/600, which is supposed to be more revealing AFAIK, the song is presented smoother than the IE 80. Have you tried the weird-shaped bi-flanges? How does it stand to aftermarket tips?  
  Yes, they are an authorized dealer.  I am using the medium bi-flange, and the large weird-looking hard bi-flange (lessens bass quantity, better for Rock music).  Can you try it on an iPod? And with the song "Until You Suffer Some (Fire & Ice)" by Poison?
    I am using an iPod classic as a source, and the Meier Porta Corda III as a portable amp (through iPod LOD) / DAC.  The IE 80 was bought from Sharaf DG for $408. 
My IE80s have over 100 hours of use, but I still feel that there is grain in the treble.. My DT770/600 actually sounded less bright on music that normally would sound bright, like Rock. The DT770 sounded much cleaner. The track was Fire & Ice, by Poison.
Does the ASG-1 bass have more impact than the IE8? Or less overall (rumble, weight, impact)? Hmm, how about Philip Glass' Metamorphosis I.. and Led Zeppelin's Since I've Been Loving You. Pretty interested on how the ASG-1s sound on that.
    Well, I just want a general idea of it, though. I'm pretty disappointed about my IE 80s (which supposedly does classical music very well) after listening to the Ultrasone Pro 900. The warm, dark mids and thick bass, while good for vocals, don't really do piano very well. I liked the fast, powerful bass and the leaner mids of the Pro 900 for piano.