or Connect

Posts by MalVeauX

Heya,   The old E7 isn't as good with power output; it will make volume but it won't be superb. If you want a portable USB desktop DAC/AMP for laptop and use while portable maybe consider the newer E07k or the E17.   Very best,
  Heya,   I'd point you towards:   AudioTechnica A700X AKG K167 AKG K271 MKII AKG K550 Shure SRH840 Shure SRH940 Sony MDR1R Mr Speaker Mad Dog   Very best,
  Fantastic; glad to see you enjoying some solid headphones.   Very best,
Heya,     So we're clear, you're coming from some bassy metallic Ultrasones and you're looking for better mids, and basically no amp requirement.     So you want a closed headphone. Simple.       Basically after looking through what you're describing, I can't help but think these would be for you:   Audio Technica A900X   Everything you described and no amplifier needed. The runner up to that would be the D600 perhaps if you wanted something else. I would not even get an...
  Zero worries.   Very best,
Heya,   What kind of sound do you like? Really you can get away with passive isolation. Active cancellation heavily limits your options. That said, try and describe what kind of sound you want to look for. Neutral... bassy... bright... dark... etc. Kind of walk us through what kind of sound you like. My first thought since you already have the Bose but want something different is to probably take a look at the Logitech UE 6000.   Very best,
  The overall shape of your head, width, contour from cranium to mandible.   Very best,
  That's a highly preference driven question really. Some people like over-whelming amounts of sub-bass just pounding away. Some just want it to be neutral/flat and be as it was recorded at best. Some want it to have less bass so that they can hear all the little details and melody. How you like to listen to electronic music is completely up to you. I happen to like it to have a little more sub-bass than neutral/flat, but keep the mid-bass neutral/flat, in line with the...
  Heya,   Since they're powered monitors (active), you're just using line-level output from the DAC (the E10) to send a signal. You're not losing quality by going from 3.5mm TRS to dual 1/4th TRS. You can get a 3.5mm male to dual 1/4th males for this no problem. You can also use 3.5mm male TRS to dual XLR male since your monitors have both XLR and TRS.   Cables you could use:   3.5mm to dual 6.3mm 3.5mm to dual 6.3mm 3.5mm to dual 6.3mm 3.5mm to dual male XLR 3.5mm to...
Heya,   Guess I have had completely different experiences than you gentlemen.   The 325i with G-cush pads for me was an absolute hot mess of crazy hot treble, weird mids, and a void of low frequencies that just hurt your ears with it's sonic daggers and had no bottom end to warm anything up. I had to heavily equalize to return the sound to anything resembling balanced or even listenable for me, as it was just absolutely crazy hot treble, hissy, spiked to all get...