or Connect

Posts by MalVeauX

Heya,   I wouldn't call any of them "bass monsters." Simply emphasized bass, more than neutral. But hardly "monsters." That's internet exaggeration.   The 80ohm and 250ohm DT770 are essentially the same. They are the same headphone. One simply has more resistance applied at the voice coils to be used with higher voltage sources in studios or at home. They otherwise sound virtually the same, other than the interaction difference that the amplifiers have due to operating...
Heya,   The COP is very efficient and does not need an amplifier at all.   Headphones are stereo. Two drivers. There's no such thing as 5.1 and 7.1 in headphones. It's stereo, with emulation from software. Every time.   There are several external soundcards, but do you really need one? Do you really need the Dolby Headphone or Creative's version? Is surround emulation very important to you? Have you gamed in just stereo?   Very best,
Heya,   Sound cards, and all output devices in general, do not output in ohms. Ohms is a measurement of resistance. It's a gate keeper, so to speak, that tells something how much voltage will be needed to overcome this resistance, and is used to present a work load to an amplifier and make it behave differently.   The DT770 PRO 80ohm will run fine from your current soundcard. No need to buy something else. And I would choose it over those other headphones too,...
Heya,   The COP has very recessed mids and dark treble. I wouldn't go for that one. The DT770 PRO 32/80/250 are all excellent and will provide what you're after. There's also the Logitech UE6000. Also the AKG K267. Also the Vmoda M100. Very best,
Heya,   Generally it's physics and chemistry. All the meat & potatoes is explained and proven via those.   If you've taken the college chemistry panel, you'll have most of the tools you need from just those two entry classes. Then you move on to very specialized courses and/or subjects. Very best,
 Heya, Lots of electronics use the same "chip" as the higher end audio-specific stuff. The "chipset" really doesn't matter all that much. It's what happens after that chipset that really makes a difference. And phones are not built with the handling and distribution of said signal in mind at a level of quality that would at all be registered on an audio enthusiast chart. The key here, is if it sounds good to you, then don't worry about it. Listen on. If it doesn't, then...
Heya,   Change your windows settings to not be stereo. Go to 5.1 or 7.1. Whatever you choose. Keep it as a system default. Most games are referring to the system default for "what's there" when it comes to this.   You cannot send a signal that will result in audio to a headphone with an optical cable. You don't need a digital connection at all here. You're not going to use if you're using the soundcard's built in dolby headphone. You have it plugged right, right now....
Heya,   I definitely suggest you consider getting an entry level USB DAC/AMP, like a Fiio E10. Maybe try and work something like that into the budget.   Otherwise, some headphones that are efficient enough to at least work in the mean time straight from your laptop:   Sony MA900 Sennheiser HD598 Hifiman HE-300 rev 2 AudioTechnica AD900X AKG K240 MK II Beyer DT880 Premium 32ohm   Very best,
Heya,   Open-air or closed-back? What's your source equipment that you're plugging them into?   Very best,
Heya,   1. Upsampling is pointless and does zero for your audio quality. You can't make data appear where it doesn't already exist. If your music was recorded at 44khz and 16bit, that's what it is forever. Upsampling it to 96khz and 32bit doesn't make it sound different. This is a marketing thing that was introduced a while back and hasn't been drowned out yet, but it truly is pointless. I invite you to google for actual reviews of something upsampling and sounding...