Posts by MalVeauX

Heya, Lots of electronics use the same "chip" as the higher end audio-specific stuff. The "chipset" really doesn't matter all that much. It's what happens after that chipset that really makes a difference. And phones are not built with the handling and distribution of said signal in mind at a level of quality that would at all be registered on an audio enthusiast chart. The key here, is if it sounds good to you, then don't worry about it. Listen on. If it doesn't, then...
Heya,   Change your windows settings to not be stereo. Go to 5.1 or 7.1. Whatever you choose. Keep it as a system default. Most games are referring to the system default for "what's there" when it comes to this.   You cannot send a signal that will result in audio to a headphone with an optical cable. You don't need a digital connection at all here. You're not going to use if you're using the soundcard's built in dolby headphone. You have it plugged right, right now....
Heya,   I definitely suggest you consider getting an entry level USB DAC/AMP, like a Fiio E10. Maybe try and work something like that into the budget.   Otherwise, some headphones that are efficient enough to at least work in the mean time straight from your laptop:   Sony MA900 Sennheiser HD598 Hifiman HE-300 rev 2 AudioTechnica AD900X AKG K240 MK II Beyer DT880 Premium 32ohm   Very best,
Heya,   Open-air or closed-back? What's your source equipment that you're plugging them into?   Very best,
Heya,   1. Upsampling is pointless and does zero for your audio quality. You can't make data appear where it doesn't already exist. If your music was recorded at 44khz and 16bit, that's what it is forever. Upsampling it to 96khz and 32bit doesn't make it sound different. This is a marketing thing that was introduced a while back and hasn't been drowned out yet, but it truly is pointless. I invite you to google for actual reviews of something upsampling and sounding...
Heya,   I wouldn't even consider the `Geek Pulse' considering what you're coming from. I would worry more about getting the right headphone, rather than worrying about a discounted hyped up dac/amp that you can't even get yet so there's no telling if it's worth it's cost or not. For $200, you can get all you need, high quality, and no wait for some even or need a discount (schiit modi & magni, or JDS labs O2 and ODAC are good examples).   The HD650 out of your...
 Heya, The COP will sound a little similar to what you've described at their highest bass port setting. Lots of bass, recessed mids & treble. At the lowest and neutral bass port settings, I think you'll still find the mids recessed and treble still rolled off. You'll hear vocals and detail at all settings. Again, the only faults I find with the COP are the mids & sound stage. The treble is not a flaw, it's merely a property of the headphone and some prefer the treble...
Heya,   Lots of experience with the T70. Here's my review of the 250ohm version.   Note, the T70P doesn't need much, if any, amplification. It's meant to run from portable devices. The 250ohm version needs a little minor amplification.   The T70 is very, very different from the DT line of Beyer headphones. The T70 is probably the weirdest Beyer that doesn't sound much like a Beyer (to me at least) out of their line up. But that's merely my opinion.   Very best,
Heya,   The COP is easier to drive, doesn't need an extra amp or anything, and is bassier when set to it's highest setting. The trade off is that it's a dark headphone (treble is rolled off) and it's mids are very recessed (more so than the DT770) and the sound stage is just not very good for a headphone of this price range. It's otherwise built well, good features. They just really dropped the ball on the mids/soundstage of this headphone.   I would look more to the...
Heya,   DT880 - Balanced, warm neutral, with some sparkle in the treble. DT990 - Bassy and bright.   Both are very comfortable. PRO versions have a little more clamp pressure from the headband.   You do not need the 600ohm versions. It's beyond overstated that they're any different from their 250ohm variants. It's the same headphone with more resistance added at the voice coils. The sonic differences are due to interplay with different amplifiers at these different...