Posts by MalVeauX

Heya, 300ohms - 260mW (Magni)300ohms - 220mW (Vali) For reference, the Little Dot MK III tube amp does 350mW at 300ohms. It would not be underpowered. It's nearly the same as the Magni. But with tubes. Very best,
Heya,   The M50 doesn't need an amplifier, at all. So with your budget, I would focus more on how you split the signal from the phono pre-amp to a suitable device that outputs to a headphone and/or speakers. You shouldn't need another amp with pre-amp ability just to output to a receiver for speakers. Using a receiver at all in this setup defeats the point of even using an analog vinyl setup in the first place. I would look for a phono pre-amp that has a headphone port...
Heya,   It's a market thing. It used to go on sale often. These days I'm seeing more market deals on the 250ohm version of the DT770 and the latest released of the Limited Edition 32ohm really changed a lot of people going for it instead of the 80ohm because of the less need of an additional amplifier to really push it for portable and simple devices. Add to that the floor of closed headphones that were released this past year or so, that also land in the $200ish area,...
Heya,   Philip CitiScape Metros.   $25 on-ears.   Very best,
 The Vali's max output is 660 mW. It will power it enough for listening.But per Dr Fang, the HE500 is suggested by him to have about 1 watt (1,000mW) for full dynamics. More appropriate for the HE400. Very best,
Heya,   I think a DAC is about the hardest thing to review. How do you isolate it's exquisitely subtle effect on the end result of the sound? Realistically a DAC should have the least impact on total effect of sound. You'll find the same chipset floating in cheap electronics and expensive products. They up the cost by adding higher quality components that are in between these chipsets. Some DAC's cost more because they have more pre-amp output options (such as the...
Heya,   AudioTechnica WS77 V-moda V-80   Very best,
 This thread you're posting in has direct comparisons. Linked on the first page. Here's a link to that. Very best,
Heya,   The HE-300 with the price drop is an incredible value. Add the Fiio E10. This is if you use these at home. The HE-300 is hardly portable and the E10 is not portable.   If you want something more portable, look towards the Shure SRH840 and a Fiio E11 perhaps (though you don't even need an amp here).   Very best,
Heya,   Here's a simple break down:   DT990 - Brighter treble, a little more mid-bass (compared to X1). Replaceable ear pads.   X1 - Pads are not replaceable.   Both will run from the STX with ease. The X1 will run from your laptop with ease. The DT990 will be variable based on which version you get (32ohm, 250ohm, 600ohm) so is more limited with the laptop depending which one you get.   Amazon is a great place to buy either. Great return policy. And you can get...