Posts by MalVeauX

Heya,   The PRO2500 is an excellent headphone. Balanced, with a little more meat in the bass area. Not too bright, contrary to most Ultrasones (due to being open air, it helps diffuse that treble a touch). Replaceable pads, detachable cable, and the body of the headphone is built like a tank. $200 is a great price for it, as it usually costed significantly more when it was produced still. It's basically the PRO750, but closed. I absolutely would get this over the PRO900...
Heya,   Look into:   AudioTechnica ESW9A AudioTechnica ES700   Very best,
Heya,   Describe more of what you're looking for? Why the HD598? Here, keep it simple:   Maximum budget (this includes the headphone AND a proper source device, like a little usb dac/amp or soundcard, unless you already have something)? Open air? Or closed back (isolation/privacy)? Gaming? Or just for music/movies/etc listening? Pad material preference (velour/leather/pleather/foam)? Sound properties: bright treble? Dim treble? Do you want it to be very bassy?...
Heya,   Well, since you're using a receiver, all you really need is a way to bypass your laptop's internal audio interfaces and implementations and have it simply off load out to something that can carry a virtually untouched signal to the receiver to have it process the signal with it's dac and output via it's amp to your headphones. The output impedance of the headphone jack on your receiver is likely high, as almost all are, so it would be best matched with a...
 Beyer is not a bigger brand name. And brand name has nothing to do with quality when it comes to their prosumer mass produced marketed headphones. A good example is Sennheiser. They make about 5 really good headphones, in my opinion, out of their line-up that probably is in the 3 digits or more, and the rest are just niche products trying to compete and really just junk. A good brand name still produces bad quality equipment for the mass market. Don't rely on a brand name...
Heya,   Koss DJ 100 NVX XPT100 Brainwavz HM5 Shure SRH440 KRK KNS 6400 & 8400 Samson SR950   Very best,
Heya,   Want to waste your money (ie, computer speaker setups in a box, labeled 2.1 systems, that are just tweeters and a mid-woofer falsely labeled a sub)?   Or do you want to get some serious, serious audio for your money?   TX-SR313 FH-65B's F-12   Right at your budget for the whole set. That's a ridiculous -real- 2.1 setup.   Very best,
Heya,   You don't need an amp. But an amp can be useful if you want to add extra bass or tweak sound with hardware, etc.   But if you want an amp, and also have the chance to use an USB dac/amp when on your computer, the Fiio E07k would be a good option in your price range.   I wouldn't get another device yet. I would just listen on your Clip+ and see what you think. If you find you use your computer often and want to use your headphone there, then consider an USB...
Heya,   Given the choice, I would take the DT880 every time. The HD598 is a good headphone, but frankly, I would prefer to have a headphone that can perform low frequencies as well as it's other frequencies. The DT880 does that. The HD598, at least to me, lacks in the low frequencies.   Another player to add to this line up is the Hifiman HE-300. It will be $150 from Head Direct from Friday to Monday.   Very best,
Heya,   The container file (the "file type") doesn't matter. What matters is the compression (if any) level (you prefer little to none, lossless), and the codec used--not all compression techniques are as good as others. There is more than one MP3 codec, by the way. They're not equal.   Directly from CD to FLAC with lossless level compression is a good way to go to keep it simple.   Don't worry about file types.   Very best,