Posts by MalVeauX

Heya,   First, know that very few things will do what Denon does in terms of sub-bass. You simply will always lose out there, when you go open-air, unless you go ortho.   Being a Denon D2000/D5000 owner and loving Denon's sub-bass, the only open air options that have really been able to compete here are the orthos. The Hifiman HE-400 is a good start. The HE500 is a more natural sound, still handles sub-bass like a dream, but does not emphasize it.   Very best,
Heya,   Sony MA900 Ultrasone PRO 2900   Very best,
Heya,   Shure SRH940 AudioTechnica A1000x AKG K550 SoundMAGIC HP100   Very best,
Heya,   A lot of IEM makers have detachable cables for this reason.   Very best,
 Heya, The latest revision of the HE300 is a great headphone, stands up with the other mid-tier headphones, but for a great price (they cut it again too, it can be found for nearly $200 US here and there). Great overall balance, warm headphone, a touch of sparkle because all of hifiman has a touch of sparkle at the very least. If you're on a budget, start with this one. The HE-400 is superior to me, but preferences rein here. Someone might prefer the HE300 to the HE400....
Heya,   Obvious question, but obligatory:   Have you emailed Schiit yet to ask if there's any USB driver issues with Windows XP 64bit? They made the thing, and might be able to assist you with USB HD Audio drivers that normally are already included, but may not be included in XP. Remember, it's a discontinued operating system.   Very best,
 Heya, When I look at an amp, I could care less if it's an operation amplifier, or a different type. I look for quality sound, with output ranges that fit my needs. I suggest you worry less about this. You seem to be doing too much reading, and not enough listening. There are probably thousands of threads on the subject of op amp rolling, looking for "the sound" but each one for each person is different. No different than simply having a favorite color. There's not one...
Heya,   If Ortho is out of the equation, for sure, then the WA7 seems obvious if you want to get something that covers all bases and has a tiny foot print. Anything will work at this point, if you're not trying to get something that can handle inefficient orthos and normal or high impedance headphones that are really sensitive.   The difficult part here, is simply justifying a $1000 DAC/AMP for a mid-tier headphone.   With your budget, I'd probably do the reverse and...
Heya,   Keep your Hifi setup. All you need is a Hifiman HE-6 and a speaker tap cable. Drive it with your speaker setup, just like speakers, plugged in just like your speakers in the back of your amp. Don't waste your time with "headphones." Get speakerphones!   Very best,
Heya,   Maybe a Hifiman HE-6 with a speaker tap cable, hooked into your Creek (not using headphone jack, using the speaker outputs!).   Otherwise, your weakest setup is the home computer setup. But if you're only using it for gaming, there's no need to invest heavily here of your $3k budget. But a few hundred will give you a solid setup easily. The SoundBlaster Zx and a Mr Speaker Mad dog (if you want to stay closed) or maybe a DT880 or something would give you a nicer...