or Connect

Posts by MalVeauX

Heya, I have extreme interest in seeing this. Very best,
 Heya, Start buying CD's and ripping them yourself. Used CD's on Amazon or Half.com are great ways to score whole albums for a few bucks. iTunes is ok but unfortunately a lot of albums, regardless of data rate, are not all high quality because studios are just banging out what they can to quickly sell on that platform to you. There's some good stuff, and a whole lot of bad stuff. I tend to buy physical media because you own it, and control how it's made digital on your...
 Heya, Quite a big leap going from very entry level straight to high-end. That's ok though. It's probably the cheapest route, rather than climbing through mid-tier and eventually landing on high-end later on, having spent more money on the way. The difficult part is that you really have to make sure you love every bit of the $1500 setup you're basically getting ready to buy. That means you really need to audition. Or, you have to gamble, and make sure you buy from some...
Heya,   What's your budget? Do you want bright treble, or normal treble? Do you want some extra bass, or gobs of extra bass? Or do you want it to be fairly neutral but capable? Does it need to be closed back or do you want open air? What will you be plugging these into to listen? For home use or portable use?   Very best,
Heya,   Sansa Clip+ ?   Very best,
Heya,   Sony MA900 AudioTechnica AD900X Beyer DT880 32ohm Hifiman HE-300 rev 2   Very best,
Heya,   Depends on what you want to hear.   Very best,
Heya,   Let's simplify it.   MB42X LP-2020A+   Wire it up. Listen.   Very best,
Heya, The AV40's are hardly big. But if that's big to you, you will be severely hampered with choice as the size of the speaker cabinet (internal volume) and diameter of the diaphragm getting smaller and smaller means less and less low frequency performance. Small speakers are horrible in my opinion, as you're listening to upper mids and treble and that's it. I would just use headphones. If size and space is an issue, and you have neighbors, then maybe speakers are not...
Heya,   Total budget? And do you want a headphone setup that has emphasized bass? Or do you just want it to perform the bass that the track has recorded (ie, neutral, true to the recording)? And if you want emphasized bass, how much? Gobs? Can't get enough bass? Or just a wee bit more than something neutral?   Depending on your answer(s), I would suggest a few phones (disregarding budget until you specify):   Hifiman HE-400 - Relatively warm neutral, not super...