Posts by MalVeauX

Not really, no. I would get what you think you would need for long term to handle any headphone you may end up with in the future. You only need to get a single dac/amp setup for most of your life honestly until formats change many decades later (like if usb or optical suddenly were literally gone in the next 50 years, then you'd have to get something new maybe to keep up with current interfaces in the digital world). It's an investment. You can use any headphone with it....
 Heya, It would be ideal, yes. But you need that anyways, regardless of what headphone(s) you end up with. So getting something that is very universal and covers all bases means it's not your bottleneck so you can focus on just trying headphones. See links given to you already. Very best,
 Heya, Look to the "Meet" forum on the main forum listing. Post there, or search for something in NC and get in contact with people (PM) who you see from your state with the headphone(s) you're interesting in checking out. Otherwise, buy from a place that allows no-question-asked returns. Amazon does this (if the seller is Amazon, LLC, not always with a third party vending through Amazon). HeadRoom also does this. If you don't like how it sounds, send it back, get a...
 Heya, Denon D600Vmoda M100Logitech UE6000AKG K267 Very best,
Heya,   Very cool thanks for that.   If we get verification on it and the balanced part info, I'll be happy to link this on the first post for future use to make this ultra easy.   Very best,
 Where do you live in the world? Look at the meets forum too. Find something local, or something you can drive to reasonably. Very best,
 Heya, I have extreme interest in seeing this. Very best,
 Heya, Start buying CD's and ripping them yourself. Used CD's on Amazon or Half.com are great ways to score whole albums for a few bucks. iTunes is ok but unfortunately a lot of albums, regardless of data rate, are not all high quality because studios are just banging out what they can to quickly sell on that platform to you. There's some good stuff, and a whole lot of bad stuff. I tend to buy physical media because you own it, and control how it's made digital on your...
 Heya, Quite a big leap going from very entry level straight to high-end. That's ok though. It's probably the cheapest route, rather than climbing through mid-tier and eventually landing on high-end later on, having spent more money on the way. The difficult part is that you really have to make sure you love every bit of the $1500 setup you're basically getting ready to buy. That means you really need to audition. Or, you have to gamble, and make sure you buy from some...
Heya,   What's your budget? Do you want bright treble, or normal treble? Do you want some extra bass, or gobs of extra bass? Or do you want it to be fairly neutral but capable? Does it need to be closed back or do you want open air? What will you be plugging these into to listen? For home use or portable use?   Very best,