or Connect

Posts by MalVeauX

Heya,   Gaming on PC? Get a soundcard, maintain surround emulation. Get a better headphone. That's all you need.   SoundBlaster Zx is a great way to do this. Then simply look into any headphones that fit criteria for you in your budget range.   Very best,
Heya,   If strictly portable, Fiio E11.   Very best,
Heya,   AKG K267 with a Fiio E10.   Very best,
 Heya, Recessed mids. EQ the mids ranges and the surrounding upper bass and lower treble, up a bit. Try 250hz to 1khz range, and up them by 2~3db a piece, until it sounds right to you. Very best,
Heya,   Fiio E10 will nail it if you want a desktop setup. It's also a nice USB DAC. Win. Win. Bass EQ on it raises it by +6db.   Very best,
Heya,   HDtracks.com has higher sampled music.   I will state frankly that you won't notice hardly any difference going from 16bit to 24bit. Nor 44.1khz to 380+khz. It's pointless. Don't get caught in the "upsampling" trap.   What is your current gear that you're trying to "upgrade" from?   I'll recommend now, not knowing a thing, to spend your money on better headphones, rather than thinking you need differently encoded/recorded/sampled music. Really high quality...
Heya,   NVX XPT100 on sale for $80 right now. I'd snag it.   This headphone is a clone of the Fischer Audio FA003, and Brainwavz  HM5. All the same headphone.   Very best,
Heya,   Frankly it doesn't matter what you set anything to. Whatever you play back is going to be played at whatever it was recorded/encoded at. Nothing more. Taking something's bit rate, and sample rate, and raising it up doesn't do anything. It just changes a number in a piece of software. But the sound is literally the same. The whole "upsampling" thing is a huge gimmick and pointless. If your music was recorded at 16 bits and 44.1khz, that's what it is. Taking it up...
Heya,   Asus Xonar DG - $30. Dolby headphone, onboard opamp for amplification. Good to go.   Very best,
 Heya, All I can really suggest is to ignore frequency response graphs, especially comparing an open air to a closed back, and don't trust the bass frequencies as measured. What you hear and what you see on those graphs are quite different. I say that as someone with 40+ pairs of headphones and very few, a handful, are remotely close to what the graphs imply they "should" sound like. Very best,