Posts by MalVeauX

Heya,   Phillips Fidelio X1 - Will run from your DG fine. AudioTechnica AD900X - Will run from your DG fine. Hifiman HE-300 revision 2 (just get a new one and you're set) - Will run from your DG fine.   If you do however want to move towards a desktop amp, you don't need one mind you, I would go with the Schiit setup in the Magni or Vali. The O2 and the Magni are equivalents and frankly the Magni is just a nicer device to deal with (the O2 is ugly, uses 1/8th...
 Added, thanks! Very best,
Heya,   Frankly the HD681 EVO walks over the M50/AD700X in my opinion (I have a white pair, they're quite a high performing headphone, regardless of cost).   At the $150 range, I'm going to say that you're not going to get higher quality sound. You will get higher quality build and features. But the audio quality is going to be very minimal in change at this cost range.   Do you want to maintain the bassiness of the HD681? Or do you want something more neutral? At...
Heya,   Gaming on PC? Get a soundcard, maintain surround emulation. Get a better headphone. That's all you need.   SoundBlaster Zx is a great way to do this. Then simply look into any headphones that fit criteria for you in your budget range.   Very best,
Heya,   If strictly portable, Fiio E11.   Very best,
Heya,   AKG K267 with a Fiio E10.   Very best,
 Heya, Recessed mids. EQ the mids ranges and the surrounding upper bass and lower treble, up a bit. Try 250hz to 1khz range, and up them by 2~3db a piece, until it sounds right to you. Very best,
Heya,   Fiio E10 will nail it if you want a desktop setup. It's also a nice USB DAC. Win. Win. Bass EQ on it raises it by +6db.   Very best,
Heya,   HDtracks.com has higher sampled music.   I will state frankly that you won't notice hardly any difference going from 16bit to 24bit. Nor 44.1khz to 380+khz. It's pointless. Don't get caught in the "upsampling" trap.   What is your current gear that you're trying to "upgrade" from?   I'll recommend now, not knowing a thing, to spend your money on better headphones, rather than thinking you need differently encoded/recorded/sampled music. Really high quality...
Heya,   NVX XPT100 on sale for $80 right now. I'd snag it.   This headphone is a clone of the Fischer Audio FA003, and Brainwavz  HM5. All the same headphone.   Very best,