or Connect

Posts by MalVeauX

I can't get over how... silly it looks to me. Marble. The case that holds the phones themselves. The lack of symmetry. It screams tacky to me.   I think stone could have been really nice, if it were -all- stone, and not just blocks of stuff stuck together looking like any other mess of things sitting on one another.   Then again, for that cost, I'd crave a rare wood and bronze/copper, not some every-day-marble (counter top! bathroom!) and a few tubes off the...
Heya,   There's really no real significance to tell you that something is 99% pure, versus 99.9999% pure in the real world in regards to audio. They're the same number in a sense, one is simply showing more significant digits. Sure, you can try to argue that the first number allows for 1% impurity, etc, but good luck having something absolutely pure. And since this is just a piece of metal allowing electrons to pass by, the difference is not only insignificant, it's just...
Heya,   So just did my listen through (full listen through, beginning to end, no breaks). Impressions thus far, very chill album, nothing zany and crazy going on, just relaxing, mellow flow. Very nice to sit back and relax to. The instrumentation is fantastic, definitely see where the name "powerhouse" comes into play. Each musician takes on a light solo now and then, but they blend together so nicely as a group. Overall it has the kind of flow that you can literally...
 Heya, I did, bought the Lyr twice actually. Sold it each time. It's a good amp, but it's not a tube amp, it's powerful for sure, but ultimately I just wasn't impressed with it for the $350~400 price tag with it lacking a lot of additional features (at the time Lyr 1 for me, these days, I'd be more interested in the Valhalla 2, but I'm a fan of tubes as well as solid state). The HE500 on the MiniX sounds different than it does on the Lyr to me. It's not a big difference,...
This thread lead me to buying the CD, thanks!   I've tried some albums at 96/24 and higher, and really didn't notice any real difference from 44.1/16. But, if someone else does, more power to them!   Very best,
Heya,   No problem, I'm always available via PM even if I don't post as much these days. Happy listening to all.   Very best,
Hey all, It's been a while since I've been in a main thread or started a main thread, but I've been very active with PM's for quite a while and I'm always around daily still. Feel free to continue to PM me everyone. Always a pleasure.   I recently came across an opportunity to play around with the Brainwavz S5. Seeing as I do not have an IEM solution anymore and have been committed to full size headphones for my portable setup for a long time, it was an interesting...
Heya,   Phillips Fidelio X1 - Will run from your DG fine. AudioTechnica AD900X - Will run from your DG fine. Hifiman HE-300 revision 2 (just get a new one and you're set) - Will run from your DG fine.   If you do however want to move towards a desktop amp, you don't need one mind you, I would go with the Schiit setup in the Magni or Vali. The O2 and the Magni are equivalents and frankly the Magni is just a nicer device to deal with (the O2 is ugly, uses 1/8th...
 Added, thanks! Very best,
Heya,   Frankly the HD681 EVO walks over the M50/AD700X in my opinion (I have a white pair, they're quite a high performing headphone, regardless of cost).   At the $150 range, I'm going to say that you're not going to get higher quality sound. You will get higher quality build and features. But the audio quality is going to be very minimal in change at this cost range.   Do you want to maintain the bassiness of the HD681? Or do you want something more neutral? At...